Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: By far the most important rankings news of the year...  (Read 5423 times)

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: By far the most important rankings news of the year...
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 07:24:58 PM »
Wow... so glad I'm not going to Baylor. Free tuition is nice, but not if you can't ever have fun.

Even Baylor's recruiting materials talk about how prude and asexual the school expects everyone to be. Not surprising that they're the worst school in the nation.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

penni_rose

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 10:20:06 PM »
True that. I was pretty sure I'd hate Baylor from quickly looking over the student code of conduct. You're not supposed to drink outside your own home. Still, I heard it wasn't as strict in the law school, but if no one at the school was having any fun, clearly it's even worse that my worst nightmare.

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 11:35:12 PM »

ithaca has a poo ton of really cheap bars.  one place does two for one drinks, and an average drink is $3.50.  i went to school there and i visited some people at the law school...let me assure you that they drink more than a fish.  cornell is the definition of a work hard play harder place.

I also go to school at Cornell and grew up in Ithaca. You can find places that sell two for one drinks almost anywhere (BTW, Moonshadow's used to do 3 for 1, which I'll admit was awesome). I also notice that you say you visited some people "at" the law school. I mention this because in 20+ years living in Ithaca, I have never run into a Cornell Law student outside of the law school.

i love your assumption that i went to cornell  :D  anyway, moonies was such an amazing place but i went there recently and they put in a dance floor which is ridiculous.  also remember that growlers of delicious ithaca beer can be purchased for $8.  it's the most economical/sustainable way to get shitfaced.

i apologize for my poor grammar but seriously, the law students drink A LOT on weekends and i'm fairly certain you're just not looking in the right places ;)

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 01:56:06 PM »
I will be a future SCOTUS clerk of partying hard.  Beware Cornell.  I'm about to drag you out of the T14...
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 02:27:43 PM »
i forgot to mention the cornell law school sponsored wine tours which occur at least once a year.  beware the rieslings.

SwampFox

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 10:49:04 PM »
There used to be a lot of urban legends that Cornell had the worst suicide rate of any college...

iahurricane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 05:48:58 AM »
I doubt SMU, who is known for having a great looking student body, is one of the worst law schools for dating.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 09:47:54 AM »
I doubt SMU, who is known for having a great looking student body, is one of the worst law schools for dating.

Haven't spent much time in Dallas, have you?

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 10:02:33 AM »
There used to be a lot of urban legends that Cornell had the worst suicide rate of any college...

I'm pretty sure that is not an urban legend :-\
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 10:06:27 AM »

I'm pretty sure that is not an urban legend :-\

i think NYU is the new winner.