Law School Discussion

Name the Schools You're Applying to

Re: Name the Schools You're Applying to
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 09:41:05 PM »
Jesus H, your LRW was 4 credits?

Dear lord, that would be awful. Well, obviously not if you got the A. It would be awful for me. Gogo B first semester.. B+ this semester, MAYBE an A-, if I blew the brief out of the water.

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2009, 02:40:19 PM »
- GULC (accepted)
- Chicago or NU (but not both)
- CLS (first choice under any of HYS)
- NYU
- Michigan
- Berkeley 
- UVA
- Harvard, Yale, Stanford

*Very* excited about beginning a new, more rewarding cycle this year.

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2009, 03:20:53 PM »
We'll find out when my grades come back.  I'm not planning on applying anywhere unless I have a reasonable shot.

If I keep my grades at a competitive level:
Columbia
NYU
Duke
Penn

If I get the same grades as last semester (wouldn't bet my life on it), I'll give away my money to:
Harvard
Yale

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2009, 09:24:48 PM »
lrw was year long, but we only get one final (4 hour credit) grade at the end of spring semester. so, that's taken care of. waiting three grades.

think i have a reasonable shot at nyu/cls if i stay top 2 or 3%? i'm at 30s/40s school, lots of public interest work this year with national organization, etc.

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 07:55:06 AM »
lrw was year long, but we only get one final (4 hour credit) grade at the end of spring semester. so, that's taken care of. waiting three grades.

think i have a reasonable shot at nyu/cls if i stay top 2 or 3%? i'm at 30s/40s school, lots of public interest work this year with national organization, etc.

haha.  umm yes. 

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 08:54:39 AM »

"Do you think that I have a reasonable shot at NYU/Columbia with a 177 and a 3.9 with a bunch of soft factors?"

Seriously, if you don't have a shot with top 2/3% with public interest work from a T1, no one has a shot at transferring to NYU/Columbia.

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 09:28:34 AM »
I'll join this party.  I'm planning on applying to the following:

Applying regardless of my GPA:

UC Hastings
UC Davis
UCLA

If I have a "strong" GPA, I'll add:

Berkeley

If my GPA is absolutely terrific, I may apply to some of the T-14 (but obviously I want to be back in California).

[And I may consider throwing one at USC, even though, it seems as though they don't take many transfers.]

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 10:35:42 AM »
well, i appreciate you guys' confidence? lets hope i didn't bomb my spring exams, and that everything works out. thanks guys. those are my dream schools, so we shall see.

good luck to you guys this cycle.

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 10:49:36 AM »
lets hope i didn't bomb my spring exams

That makes two of us... :-\

Dongo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2009, 11:04:07 AM »
lol, I love how we're all so worried about this semester.  Worst case scenario, we all end up at GULC together!