Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Sorry Lenovo Lovers (Read 2125 times)  (Read 817 times)

amar

• View Profile
    • Email
Sorry Lenovo Lovers (Read 2125 times)
« on: May 08, 2009, 09:33:26 AM »

Sorry Lenovo Lovers
on: May 03, 2008, 03:47:11 AM
I am looking for a laptop that still runs Windows XP and I want to convince myself to buy a Lenovo T61 but there is a problem.  Virtually every review on every site is terrible for this product.  The average rating is typically 1 out of 5 stars.  People complain of the cheap plastic outside, poor screen, the "blue screen of death" right out of the box, poor customer service, and much more.  I am having a hard time finding even one positive review for every 5 or 6 bad ones.  Everyone hates it.  It seems like every LSDer loves to brag about this product but after reading 100 reviews, I don't even want to be in the same room as one of these things.  Looks like Apple + bootcamp for me.

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry Lenovo Lovers (Read 2125 times)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 03:32:25 PM »

Sorry Lenovo Lovers
on: May 03, 2008, 03:47:11 AM
I am looking for a laptop that still runs Windows XP and I want to convince myself to buy a Lenovo T61 but there is a problem.  Virtually every review on every site is terrible for this product.  The average rating is typically 1 out of 5 stars.  People complain of the cheap plastic outside, poor screen, the "blue screen of death" right out of the box, poor customer service, and much more.  I am having a hard time finding even one positive review for every 5 or 6 bad ones.  Everyone hates it.  It seems like every LSDer loves to brag about this product but after reading 100 reviews, I don't even want to be in the same room as one of these things.  Looks like Apple + bootcamp for me.

a new consumer report just came out rating lap tops. you should check it out (apple does exceptionally well). having said that i use a macbook. absolutely love it. and you certainly don't need to run bootcamp on the thing.

emilyadi

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sorry Lenovo Lovers (Read 2125 times)
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 07:04:57 PM »
I had a good deal and went ahead and purchased the t400. From what I read it's a very good computer, however it's taking over a month to ship.