Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Reapplying a year later  (Read 1696 times)

haventaclue

• View Profile
Reapplying a year later
« on: May 07, 2009, 01:40:17 AM »
Hey, long time reader first time poster. I was wondering what the consensus is on writing a new personal statement. I am reapplying to schools I was accepted to last year but was unable to attend due to my fiance getting a promotion at work that was only possible if we stayed put and didn't move. Well, now we can move and she can get a transfer and I want to attend the same schools. Nothing has changed. I am still at the same job and doing the same things. Should I write a new personal statement? I think the one I have is quite strong and I did get accepted the first time around. Also, should I include an addendum explaining why I didn't attend last year? Thanks in advance!

grahamw2

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Reapplying a year later
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 01:49:07 PM »
If you have your options narrowed down already then a great idea would be to def. send the same app. package (chances are that they wouldnt remember your PS, also the person who read it last year may not be reading it again this year) so like you said I would send an addendum and put a lot of focus on it stressing your desire to accomplish what you set out to (they love tenacity) also stress the fact that you were blessed with a second chance at it.

The Harvard Guy

• View Profile
    • How To Get Into Harvard Law School
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 03:21:28 PM »
I agree with Graham.  Re-send everything without changing a thing.  But include that addendum.

haventaclue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 04:13:12 AM »
Thanks for the info. Although, I already have an addendum explaining my LSAC gpa being a 3.02 while my UG gpa is a 3.86 and I graduated magna cum laude from my UG. This is due to a community college I attended back in 2001-2002 and promptly flunked out after two semesters. I went back to school in 2004 and got virtually straight A's, hence the difference in the gpa's. Would including a second addendum be acceptable? Any more info would help. Thanks for the replies so far!

haventaclue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 09:27:47 PM »
Bump. Anyone have any input on including a second addendum?

DiscussLaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 02:42:12 PM »
Sure! Addendum would help.