Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: List your pet peeves  (Read 4333 times)

NYCFed

• View Profile
Re: List your pet peeves
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 11:14:16 AM »
In no particular order:
Sarcasm
People stopping in front of me, particularly at the end of an escalator
People blocking the door or trying to squeeze into a train or elevator when people are exiting
Stores that want to check your receipt, bag, or both when you are leaving: You're walking from the register with merchandise you purchased, and they want you to do a song and dance to prove you're not a criminal... bull.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 11:41:22 AM »
In no particular order:
Sarcasm

Are you being sarcastic?

NYCFed

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 12:30:09 PM »
In no particular order:
Sarcasm

Are you being sarcastic?

Seriously. Sarcasm is an art form, and I appreciate those who can properly use it.
I agree with Oscar Wilde, that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.  There are instances where sarcasm can be humorous or witty, but those have lost their potency due to excessive snarky abuse.

NYCFed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 12:42:54 PM »
In no particular order:
Sarcasm

Are you being sarcastic?

Seriously. Sarcasm is an art form, and I appreciate those who can properly use it.
Sarcasm is frequently abused, particularly by the passive-aggressive, such as when it is used snarkily to deride a question or the person asking the question.
In most instances I agree with Oscar Wilde that it is the lowest form of wit.
While it can be used more wittily or humorously, just as you can make a (subjectively) brilliant work of art out of excrement, it's predominantly used in a more sophomoric manner.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 12:51:16 PM »
General inconsiderate behavior, but one manifestation comes immediately to mind: when you go into the kitchen to get a drink or something, it's generally polite to ask others in the room if they want something.  To not do so is totes rude IMO.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 12:54:15 PM »
General inconsiderate behavior, but one manifestation comes immediately to mind: when you go into the kitchen to get a drink or something, it's generally polite to ask others in the room if they want something.  To not do so is totes rude IMO.

I usually do this, but sometimes I forget.  Drinking doesn't help either.  I agree though.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 01:03:37 PM »
If you usually remember, you're ahead of the game.

Oh, another one: when you have exclusively street parking and someone parks like a total tool and takes up the equivalent of two spaces (or if, in a crowded parking lot, someone takes up 2 spaces with their 1984 Datsun like it's a show piece).

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 01:05:14 PM »
Oh, another one: when you have exclusively street parking and someone parks like a total tool and takes up the equivalent of two spaces (or if, in a crowded parking lot, someone takes up 2 spaces with their 1984 Datsun like it's a show piece).

Agreed.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 01:06:49 PM »
If you usually remember, you're ahead of the game.

:D :D :D

I've been caught peeing on their cars.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 01:19:37 PM »
In my neighborhood, someone snapped and cut a truck's valve stems on their tires.  It's an inexpensive fix, but the person had to have their truck towed.