Law School Discussion

Bar Review Course - Worth Spending 3K???

Bar Review Course - Worth Spending 3K???
« on: May 05, 2009, 07:58:10 PM »
Is it worth spending 3K on a bar review course? Please advice.

Will I master the material in 2-months time instead of 6 months?

If yes, can I borrow the monies to pay for it? Which banks are willing to lend you guys money to cover the expenses?

I keep finding stuff like this online

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/04/business/yourmoney/04law.html?_r=1&ex=1134277200&en=32dbde133310e59f&ei=5070

likewise

• View Profile
Re: Bar Review Course - Worth Spending 3K
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 07:59:51 PM »
Is it worth spending 3K on a bar review course? Please advice.

Given how you've worded this question, I would advice you to take a bar review class.

Re: Bar Review Course - Worth Spending 3K???
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 08:04:48 PM »
Yes, if you want a law license it is.

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 09:20:12 PM »
Yes, it's worth the money.
Yes, you can borrow the money if you have decent credit.

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 11:01:31 PM »
I'm seriously thinking about using this: http://www.emanuelbarprep.com/ instead of BarBri for the Multi-state and I reckon I'll find something adequate for the state portion. I just can't bring myself to giving Thompson more of my $$$. God I hate Thompson.

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 07:15:48 AM »
Bar review courses are worth it. You'll get a state-specific review, which you'll need for your state-specific bar.

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 08:04:36 AM »

I'm seriously thinking about using this: http://www.emanuelbarprep.com/ instead of BarBri for the Multi-state and I reckon I'll find something adequate for the state portion. I just can't bring myself to giving Thompson more of my $$$. God I hate Thompson.

haulin, your so right! I have been thinking for a while to go with Emanuel, yet I didn't have the courage to even say it to myself! I feel a little bit better now that you mentioned it!

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 08:30:02 AM »
haulin, your so right! I have been thinking for a while to go with Emanuel, yet I didn't have the courage to even say it to myself! I feel a little bit better now that you mentioned it!

Courage is the right word. There's so much pressure to go with the tried & true method that everyone else uses and I can't find any reviews of the Emanuel series because it's relatively new, so we'll be the first one's to test it out. How different can it really be?

F1A

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 09:36:53 AM »
How about studying on your own, not taking any courses at all?

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 01:04:45 AM »
How about studying on your own, not taking any courses at all?
Not a good idea unless you have no option.
If you have no choice but to study on  your own, at least try to find a kindly person who will donate or sell the barbri books and outlines to you.