Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How much better do you have to be second semester?  (Read 3373 times)

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
How much better do you have to be second semester?
« on: May 05, 2009, 07:59:11 AM »
I figure that everyone probably has a better idea of what to expect on exams and are probably better prepared second semester.  Also, some people who just flat-out didn't know how to take exams have talked with Profs or just figured it out.  So, my question is, how much better do you have to be second semester to get the same or better grades?  I feel like I'm doing better on my exams and I'm hoping it is enough to at least maintain my grades from first semester.  Experiences?
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
Re: How much better do you have to be second semester?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 08:56:11 AM »
Well there's also the opposite effect: people are lazier and more burnt out, so they don't work as hard.  :)
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 10:21:39 AM »
Well there's also the opposite effect: people are lazier and more burnt out, so they don't work as hard.  :)
my grades depend on this...

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 01:01:24 PM »

I like your thinking!

Talk Is Cheap

• Sr. Citizen
  • F*** the man, I'm the man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 01:03:22 AM »
It seems like half of my class has gotten lazy and/or resigned themselves to not trying.

There is hope.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 01:13:03 AM »
It seems like half of my class has gotten lazy and/or resigned themselves to not trying.

There is hope.

Just because people are lazy, it doesn't mean there's no good reason.  I've chilled out immensely from last time around (see, earlier thread), but that's because I've taken law school exams, and I know, at least generally, what I need to study.

First semester, people study their ass off because they have no idea.  Second semester, you can chill and do well.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 02:26:54 AM »

There is hope.

I see this as well, though I'd put it up to at least 75% of my section.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 06:51:24 AM »

There is hope.

Just because people are lazy, it doesn't mean there's no good reason.  I've chilled out immensely from last time around (see, earlier thread), but that's because I've taken law school exams, and I know, at least generally, what I need to study.

First semester, people study their ass off because they have no idea.  Second semester, you can chill and do well.

Exactly!!!  That's what I was thinking, Wally.

And unfortunately,  I'd say MOST of my section has NOT been lazy this semester.  In fact, the ones who have gone lazy are (if I had to generalize) the ones who didn't do that hot the first semester and are discouraged and/or contemplating quitting.

To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 06:26:36 PM »

Exactly!!!  That's what I was thinking, Wally.

And unfortunately,  I'd say MOST of my section has NOT been lazy this semester.  In fact, the ones who have gone lazy are (if I had to generalize) the ones who didn't do that hot the first semester and are discouraged and/or contemplating quitting.

I tend to agree with you.  Let's hope it's not true for both of us!

caliel130

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 08:40:17 PM »
Also you don't have those people who failed out last semester to help out the curve.  I know at least 5 or 6 people at my school that already dropped out.