Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Drake Law Faculty Bumbles Writing Exams, Will Students Suffer?  (Read 17262 times)

PILOFOLO_REGIL

• View Profile
Re: Drake Law Faculty Bumbles Writing Exams, Will Students Suffer?
« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2009, 10:26:25 PM »
"It's all out there" being the operative phrase.  Best hope your professors don't read this.

This is wrong.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dear LawDog3...
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2009, 10:50:33 PM »
By the way, Miss P Esquire, the doctrine of "unclean hands" applies to actions in equity.  Standing, which applies to actions in equity and in law primarily to challenge the constitutionality of a law, comprises:  

(1) injury in fact

(2) a causal relationship between the injury and the challenged conduct

(3) a likelihood that the injury will be redressed by a favorable decision

::smh::
I do not like hats.
I do not like them on bats.
I would not like them near cats.
I would not like them made out of mats.

ISUCKATTHIS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2009, 11:48:05 PM »
I don't know what is going on here, but I want no part of this.  You people deserve each other.

You're a bunch of f@cking idiots going on and on about very little.

Incidentally, Miss P, I think you're totally off base.  That said, I obviously care a lot less about this than you do.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2009, 12:08:06 AM »
I don't know what is going on here, but I want no part of this.  You people deserve each other.

Obviously things got a little out of hand.  Sorry.  I get a little high strung during exam season.

Incidentally, Miss P, I think you're totally off base.  That said, I obviously care a lot less about this than you do.

Fair enough.  If you ever try to explain how I'm off base, I'll be happy to reconsider my positions or admit fault where appropriate.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2009, 03:13:09 AM »
Not necessarily.  Although personally, I'm a fan of the oxford comma.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_comma

Strunk & White want the last comma, and that's good enough for me.  Interesting to know that it's optional.  I generally think that more commas are better.  Put, commas everywhere, that you want, to, it's fun,!

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2009, 03:43:01 AM »
Don't stop...

My only request is that you get nastier & a little more personal.
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN

This is wrong.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dear LawDog3...
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2009, 05:17:14 AM »

LLOLz

Classic!!!

::partakes in argument, stokes fire, responds to posts for 15 pages, then pretends not to care and not to have stooped to all those idiots' levels::
I do not like hats.
I do not like them on bats.
I would not like them near cats.
I would not like them made out of mats.

ISUCKATTHIS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2009, 12:39:37 PM »

LLOLz

Classic!!!

::partakes in argument, stokes fire, responds to posts for 15 pages, then pretends not to care and not to have stooped to all those idiots' levels::

Dude, as far as I can tell you've never contributed so much a coherent sentence in 15 pages.  All you do is provide over-punctuated commentary rife with "LLOz" and "LLOLers" or whatever because you're some super-cool internet insider type who knows how to party and isn't afraid to show it off. 

While that's obviously totally awesome... here's a comment:  excessive punctuation is not a substitute for humor, intelligence or insight.

I don't mind commentary for the sake of self-amusement, but please... at least try to be funny.  Or at least creative.  Or at least original. Please give us something that's worth reading for any reason whatsoever.

ISUCKATTHIS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2009, 12:48:50 PM »
"Fair enough.  If you ever try to explain how I'm off base, I'll be happy to reconsider my positions or admit fault where appropriate."

I don't have standing for this, lol.    

Frankly, I think we've reached an impasse.  Why don't we both simply acknowledge what it is we're disagreeing about and move on? 

I think that the error made in the Drake student's case was one that could have affected students performance. I think on that basis alone, some action should be taken to correct the exam.  As far as I understand, you disagree with the idea that the administrative error could have affected performance.  Then, you think no action should be taken because, in your view, any action would be worse than the effect of the original mistake.

Why don't we just leave it there and agree to disagree? 

(as I, incidentally, tried to do about 4 pages ago)

PILOFOLO_REGIL

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2009, 03:33:56 PM »
By the way, Miss P Esquire, the doctrine of "unclean hands" applies to actions in equity.  Standing, which applies to actions in equity and in law primarily to challenge the constitutionality of a law, comprises:  

(1) injury in fact

(2) a causal relationship between the injury and the challenged conduct

(3) a likelihood that the injury will be redressed by a favorable decision

::smh::

This from a guy who can barely speak english and has a grammatical error in his avatar.