Law School Discussion

Drake Law Faculty Bumbles Writing Exams, Will Students Suffer?

Re: Drake Law Faculty Bumbles Writing Exams, Will Students Suffer?
« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2009, 06:32:49 PM »
"Now you're just making things up out of thin air.  Seriously.  I did get a laugh at the notion that anyone worries about "influential posters" on the LAW SCHOOL DISCUSSION board, though.  For future reference, the real slam dunk in an argument against me is a comment on my excessive post-count.  I'm sorry you missed that one.  It slays every single time!"

lol.  next time delete the post before you lie about it...

jesus are you tightly wound.  please go ahead and take a break, it will be good for you.

lol, I love it.  You've been arguing with people about this for days, with a good deal of hysteria and completely unwarranted personal insults thrown in for good measure.  Plenty of posters in this forum have the standing to tell me that I'm too tightly wound, but I hardly think you're one of them.

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2009, 06:34:57 PM »
Actually, I will agree that you habitually mischaracterize my posts.  I will also agree that by "rudeness" you really mean glancing suggestions that your perspective might not be morally pure.  Any "hysteria" caused has been your indignation over that. 

I never used the word "hypocrite." That's your word, incidentally.

1. You've said a number of times that I have mischaracterized your posts, but you've never explained where or how.  I may have misinterpreted something you said -- I make plenty of mistakes -- but it doesn't help me to understand you better if you refuse to explain or even point out my errors.  Maybe you're just tired of this pointless argument.  That's fair.  But then maybe you should actually let it go.

2. I actually think that any suggestion that someone who disagrees with you is morally impure -- glancing or otherwise -- is rude.  That said, your snide remarks are not merely glancing  They seem to be the reason for your continued engagement with this thread: the moralisticons are making you angry!  If they would just agree that the OP suffered you wouldn't care to argue with them!  But they're just being so unfair!

3. By "hysteria" I mean your insistence that those who have said that it would be difficult for the administration to craft an appropriate remedy are just telling the OP "Screw you!" Also, the notion that the insertion of extra copies of the instruction sheet in an exam is significant strikes me as hysterical in itself.  

4. No, you didn't use the word "hypocrite."  But I think that's a fair characterization of your accusations -- that we are applying one standard to others that we would not apply to ourselves.  Here are a few examples I pulled out without reading the whole mind-numbing thread:

One of the things I really dislike about the legal field are all these people who are so quick to cry "personal responsibility" when it comes to others when you KNOW they'd be kicking and screaming (and probably suing) if the misfortune were their own.  The practice of law either attracts or creates these kinds of personalities, I'm not sure which.    

your (no doubt universally applied, ;)) doctrine of personal responsibility.  

But I can't stand all this "personal responsibility" moralizing. ... I think that's totally unreasonable and I seriously doubt (perhaps unfairly) that any one holding the OP to that standard would hold him/herself to it in the same or similar situation.

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2009, 06:40:21 PM »
jesus are you tightly wound.  please go ahead and take a break, it will be good for you.

lol, I love it.  You've been arguing with people about this for days, with a good deal of hysteria and completely unwarranted personal insults thrown in for good measure.  Plenty of posters in this forum have the standing to tell me that I'm too tightly wound, but I hardly think you're one of them.

You read this as saying that there are certain "influential posters" with "standing"? :D I'm afraid that's a bit of a Rorschach test.  In case it's unclear to anyone else (which I doubt), I meant that ISUCKTHIS seemed just as tightly wound as I did and it was therefore the pot calling the kettle black.

Whatever.  What I do know is that you'll keep obsessing about all this silly crap so much so that you have to seek outside assistance when your intellect fails.  That and you need the emotional crutch.  Talk about co-dependency.  You need emotional support when all you're doing is trading ideas about whether or not someone else's exam administration was fair.  Sheesh.

There's no need for you to comment any more here.  I get you and, obviously, it's unfair for me to engage in frank discussion with you.

You'll be a hell of an attorney, LOL.

Dude, if you think my intellect has failed, why don't you actually try responding to one of my substantive posts instead of engaging in this armchair psychoanalysis, however astute I'm sure it is.

« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2009, 06:42:39 PM »
"You read this as saying that there are certain "influential posters" with "standing"?  I'm afraid that's a bit of a Rorschach test.  In case it's unclear to anyone else (which I doubt), I meant that ISUCKTHIS seemed just as tightly wound as I did and it was therefore the pot calling the kettle black."

You said that he lacked the "standing" to say that you were tightly wound while other posters had such "standing."  It's up there and in print.  Since I have quoted it, you can't delete it.  Quit lying about something everybody can read for themselves.

Wow, what a trainwreck.

I'm starting to feel sorry for you.

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 07, 2009, 06:52:47 PM »
"You read this as saying that there are certain "influential posters" with "standing"?  I'm afraid that's a bit of a Rorschach test.  In case it's unclear to anyone else (which I doubt), I meant that ISUCKTHIS seemed just as tightly wound as I did and it was therefore the pot calling the kettle black."

You said that he lacked the "standing" to say that you were tightly wound.  It's up there and in print.  Since I have quoted it, you can't delete it.  Quit lying about something everybody can read for themselves.

Wow, what a meltdown.

I'm starting to feel sorry for you.

I guess I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you don't go to law school yet.  I didn't mean social standing.  I meant standing like legal standing, the showing a party has to make to bring a lawsuit about something.  Basically, she needs to allege a connection to the problem and some kind of harm from it.  There's also a related concept of "unclean hands."  One defense to a lawsuit is that the plaintiff is acting badly him or herself.  I didn't realize this was such a specialized usage.  But really, this is getting to be a bit much.

« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2009, 06:59:36 PM »
Yeah, I see. 

You were really talking about how SUCKY can't bring a law suit against you for being tightly wound because he "needs to allege a connection to the problem and some kind of harm from it."  That makes complete sense  ???

I understand  ;) that you are not lying now, but you were lying two posts ago when you said that you meant:

"You read this as saying that there are certain "influential posters" with "standing"? Cheesy I'm afraid that's a bit of a Rorschach test.  In case it's unclear to anyone else (which I doubt), I meant that ISUCKTHIS seemed just as tightly wound as I did and it was therefore the pot calling the kettle black."

LOL.  If you're in a hole, stop digging.

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2009, 07:04:20 PM »
Yeah, I see. 

You were really talking about how SUCKY can't bring a law suit against you for being tightly wound because he "needs to allege a connection to the problem and some kind of harm from it."  That makes complete sense  ???

I understand  ;) that you are not lying now, but you were lying two posts ago when you said that you meant:

"You read this as saying that there are certain "influential posters" with "standing"? Cheesy I'm afraid that's a bit of a Rorschach test.  In case it's unclear to anyone else (which I doubt), I meant that ISUCKTHIS seemed just as tightly wound as I did and it was therefore the pot calling the kettle black."

LOL.  If you're in a hole, stop digging.

You know what?  If you ever do develop an elementary understanding of what "standing" means, you'll probably feel a little embarrassed about how you freaked out on someone on the LAW SCHOOL DISCUSSION board like this, but I really can't help you any further. 

« Reply #137 on: May 07, 2009, 07:05:10 PM »
By the way, Miss P Esquire, the doctrine of "unclean hands" applies to actions in equity.  Standing, which applies to actions in equity and in law, comprises:  

(1) injury in fact

(2) a causal relationship between the injury and the challenged conduct

(3) a likelihood that the injury will be redressed by a favorable decision

« Reply #138 on: May 07, 2009, 07:21:44 PM »
Which law school do you go to, out of curiosity? 

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2009, 07:24:40 PM »
Which law school do you go to, out of curiosity? 

Yeah, I'm not super interested in giving you personal information about me given your kind of freaky behavior in this thread.  It's all out there if you really care.