Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Readiness --- I am making progress  (Read 4987 times)

idk22222

• View Profile
LSAT Readiness --- I am making progress
« on: May 03, 2009, 09:04:05 PM »
I have been intensively studying for my LSAT with Powerscore bibles. I jumped from a 137 to a 142 to a 147. I am signed up to take the June 2009 LSAT. Which means I have roughly a month to get to my goal LSAT score which is like 157. Do any of you all see my goal as realistic?

And...

I "goggled" the LSAT score of 155. People on many forums spoke about that score like it was HORRIBLE. Why is a 155 thought of as being a BAD score?  I mean I am hopping to get in William and Mary with a 157 or higher and a pretty high gpa. I have a 147 as of now...how is that supposed to make me feel?

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT Readiness --- I am making progress
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 09:07:15 PM »
It looks like you will have a good shot of getting waitlisted at W&M with a 157, but not necessarily getting in http://wm.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/?whichCycle=0809
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 06:31:03 AM »
I got a 156 and it served me just fine.

Congrats on your progress so far, keep it up.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Mitchell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 10:25:37 AM »
I "goggled" the LSAT score of 155.

People on many forums spoke about that score like it was HORRIBLE...how is that supposed to make me feel?

Did u really just ask that?  How you feel?  This is law school admissions, not the cushy self-esteem building feel-good-even-though-you-suck public school you grew up in.  If you don't got the numbers, nobody cares how you feel. 
Mmmmmmmitchell

The_Truth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 06:40:56 AM »
Why aim for 157? With a higher score you have both the increased chance of getting a scholarship as well as gaining admission into a better school.

I suggest you take a couple more prep tests before the date change deadline. If at that point your scores are still climbing, move it to the Sept. date and focus on getting in the high 150's range and up.

lsat lifer

• This is why I wont give up
    • View Profile
    • Follow the lsat lifer
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 03:31:07 PM »
Congrats on your progress. What's your study regimen like? Getting over the 150 hump is an ongoing process for me, so I'm always interested to see how others make it over.

Sending all of my daily dose of my encouragement your way. Stay positive!

I think I can beat it. I think I can beat it. I think I can beat it.

my blog: http://lsatlifer.blogspot.com/

FortheDefense

• Time means nothing in infinity and jelly dougnuts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 05:18:09 PM »
I have been intensively studying for my LSAT with Powerscore bibles. I jumped from a 137 to a 142 to a 147. I am signed up to take the June 2009 LSAT. Which means I have roughly a month to get to my goal LSAT score which is like 157. Do any of you all see my goal as realistic?

And...

I "goggled" the LSAT score of 155. People on many forums spoke about that score like it was HORRIBLE. Why is a 155 thought of as being a BAD score?  I mean I am hopping to get in William and Mary with a 157 or higher and a pretty high gpa. I have a 147 as of now...how is that supposed to make me feel?

Someone posted lawschoolnumbers.com and after I looked at some of the GOD AWFUL scores and GPA's that schools accept, I feel alot better about my chances. I will be taking my first practice exam tomorrow, and will let you know how I score. I am taking the Sep 2009 LSAT.
"I could have gotten a conviction on Simpson's police statement alone!"
Vincent B
"If you dont police the police then who does? YOU police the police by your verdict, so stand up and show some integrity"
Johnny C

The Trial of the Century

lsatbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 12:58:45 AM »
June test be hardest ever.

idk22222

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 01:35:44 AM »
June test be hardest ever.

how do u know? is this proven? is this widely agreed upon?

Ninja1Hater

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 09:56:46 AM »
Don't worry, lucytwim, there are scumbags who post "XYZ be hardest test ever" on this board just to psych people out.

The LSAT is a standardized test, so it cannot be "harder" from one administration to the next. 

Don't pay any attention to the many a$$holes who come here to play head games.  Many of them have severe inferiority complexes, come here obsessively and have post counts in the thousands or tens of thousands, and sincerely enjoy making other people squirm.  They're really sick people.

Fortunately, many of them flunk out of law school or  just become Admissions Officers at law schools when they're done with their J.D. (so we normal people don't have to cross paths with them in real life), but until they crash and burn or move on to inflicting torture on fresh applicants, we still have to cross paths with 'em here.

So keep your head down, lucytwim, stay strong, and don't let the psychos here distract you too much.