Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Powerscore Bible Study v PrepTests  (Read 940 times)

lsatbeard

• View Profile
Powerscore Bible Study v PrepTests
« on: May 03, 2009, 07:58:21 PM »
How should I go about studying for the LSAT? I am shooting for a very high score, and I am studying very hard. I just want to make sure this hard work will pay off. How much time should I spend mastering the concepts in the PowerScore Bibles? Should I work to master them before I even look at a PrepTest? Or should I just breeze through the Bibles and return to them as necessary?

Also, should I work in 35-minute sections, or go all 3 hours as much as I can?

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: Powerscore Bible Study v PrepTests
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 08:29:19 PM »
Personally I like the idea of mastering the concepts, working in a handful of preptests along the way, more frequently as time goes on.   

lsatbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 12:57:19 PM »
Thanks for the reply. How often should I do a PT, and when? Right now, I'm 4/5 of the way through the PowerScore LR Bible (and I've started maybe the first 1/5th of their RC and LG's Bibles too-but stopped because they both reference the LR Bible, so I figured I should work on that one first).

It seems that I have 2 options: 1) Finish ALL the Bibles before moving on to the PTs to prevent me from "learning bad technique." 2) Just do the PTs so I can put into practice the things I've learned (and not worry about the stuff I haven't).

sckonkh

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 09:12:04 PM »
Here is what I have been doing. Depending on how many practice tests you bought. I suggest working a couple sections of the bible everyday. Exchanging back and forth between logic and games. Along the way during the week (time permitting) take and do just sections of the PTs. Then on the weekends do a full practice test. Its good to use the techniques right away.