Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: The Howard Law/HBCU Law Schools Thread  (Read 5932 times)

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Howard Law/HBCU Law Schools Thread
« on: May 02, 2009, 06:56:01 PM »
If you are white, yellow, or green, and didn't get into a top 25 school you should consider Howard.  Why?  Because we get better employment prospects than half of the top 25. 

I don't think they get hired because they graduated from Howard with a great quality education compare to top tier law schools.  They get hired because they're black. 

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 07:48:21 PM »
Contracts- I think that is a racist statement to make. 

That affirmative action exists?  That preference for blacks exists?  Those are true facts.  Don't scream "racist" any chance you get.

There are quality black students all across the country....Why Howard?  Maybe because the school is known for making quality contributions to the legal community.  History serves as proof...Howard Students Produce.  Check out the top 20 schools that has produced the most judges (American legal System)....see where Howard ranks in comparison to your "top-tier" schools. 

Once again, because they are black. 

Esco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 08:09:45 PM »
You made no reference to affirmative action or racial preference.  You simply said that they - minority judges, students, and graduates of Howard Law - get their positions because they are black.  Believe me we do not want to get into this affirmative action bs.

I guess it's impossible that they (howard students/grads/minority's that land positions at the top firms/minority judges) actually possess a different caliber of talent than the kids at the "top-tier" schools or the non-minorities that they were chosen over.  I guess it's also impossible that howard students and grads go and out perform students and grads of the "top-tier" schools. 

Contracts- I think that is a racist statement to make. 

That affirmative action exists?  That preference for blacks exists?  Those are true facts.  Don't scream "racist" any chance you get.

There are quality black students all across the country....Why Howard?  Maybe because the school is known for making quality contributions to the legal community.  History serves as proof...Howard Students Produce.  Check out the top 20 schools that has produced the most judges (American legal System)....see where Howard ranks in comparison to your "top-tier" schools. 

Once again, because they are black. 

Why does Howard Law produce more judges than some of the "top tier schools?"  There are black attorneys all across the nation; some are even graduates of the "top tier" schools....so why does Howard produce more judges - not "black judges" - but more judges than many of the "top - tier" schools?  "Because they are black" is an insufficent answer to this question, and affirmative action is an insufficient reason for your insufficent answer.   

If anyone has any non-biased, non-racial questions about Howard Law, I will be glad to assist you.  Don't waste my time with your affirmative action ncomments.   8)
I'm The Question and The Answer like A.I.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 08:52:14 PM »
You made no reference to affirmative action or racial preference.  You simply said that they - minority judges, students, and graduates of Howard Law - get their positions because they are black.  Believe me we do not want to get into this affirmative action bs.

I guess it's impossible that they (howard students/grads/minority's that land positions at the top firms/minority judges) actually possess a different caliber of talent than the kids at the "top-tier" schools or the non-minorities that they were chosen over.  I guess it's also impossible that howard students and grads go and out perform students and grads of the "top-tier" schools. 

Do you seriously think that out of all the third tier law schools, Howard is the only one that can beat the tier 1 law schools because it's a better school and prodcues better lawyers and that it has nothing with law firms' affirmative action policy in favor of blacks?  Seriously! 

Why does Howard Law produce more judges than some of the "top tier schools?"  There are black attorneys all across the nation; some are even graduates of the "top tier" schools....so why does Howard produce more judges - not "black judges - but more judges than many of the "top - tier" schools?  "Because they are black" is an insufficent answer to this question, and affirmative action is an insufficient reason for your insufficent answer.   

If anyone has any non-biased, non-racial questions about Howard Law, I will be glad to assist you.  Don't waste my time with your affirmative action sob comments.   8)

Affirmative action gives them opportunities that law students at tier 3 at a regular non-black school will not get.  Why is it so hard for you to accept that affirmative action give blacks certain opportunties and advantages?

Esco

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 09:12:52 PM »
lol you are a joke. That's like me saying slavery gave non-minorities the ultimate opportunity and advantage.  That's like me saying if it weren't for slavery whites would not have wealth or power.  Although this may be true, it would be pointless to make this apparent everytime  I get the opportunity (ie non-minorities and affirmative action)  Your argument is the slipperist of slippery slopes.  Move ur affirmative action opinions to the affirmative action thread please.  Thank you.

Bottom line, affirmative action benefits some blacks, but not all  blacks.  When one assumes that affirmative action is the only reason that blacks achieve greater status in America (ie. a better job/job opportunity than you), he only reveals the racial biases inherent within himself.  We can compare law to sports or any other occupation....there will always be players and students that do not go to the "top tier/big name" but are capable of competing with and out working/playing the kid that went to the "top-tier school" any day of the week.  Howard just happens to be a breeding ground of this sort, and employers across America realize this as well....and that's basically why they recruit here more than they recruit at your school or "top tier" schools.  Next topic please.
I'm The Question and The Answer like A.I.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 09:39:07 PM »
lol you are a joke. That's like me saying slavery gave non-minorities the ultimate opportunity and advantage.  That's like me saying if it weren't for slavery whites would not have wealth or power.  Although this may be true, it would be pointless to make this apparent everytime  I get the opportunity (ie non-minorities and affirmative action)  Your argument is the slipperist of slippery slopes.  Move ur affirmative action opinions to the affirmative action thread please.  Thank you.

Bottom line, affirmative action benefits some blacks, but not all  blacks.  When one assumes that affirmative action is the only reason that blacks achieve greater status in America (ie. a better job/job opportunity than you), he only reveals the racial biases inherent within himself.  We can compare law to sports or any other occupation....there will always be players and students that do not go to the "top tier/big name" but are capable of competing with and out working/playing the kid that went to the "top-tier school" any day of the week.  Howard just happens to be a breeding ground of this sort, and employers across America realize this as well....and that's basically why they recruit here more than they recruit at your school or "top tier" schools.  Next topic please.

Am I the only one who think that this guy is naive and has a low IQ?   ;D

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 06:55:20 AM »
*Tag to personally enjoy the battle of the flames, assuming more are to come.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 01:49:00 PM »

Dude, I am right on the line. You were the one who totally crossed the line.   ;D

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 06:17:05 PM »

Dude, I am right on the line. You were the one who totally crossed the line.   ;D

I didn't cross the line, I smashed that *&^%.

I agree with your position, btw.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

scholarchic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 01:02:57 PM »
If you are white, yellow, or green, and didn't get into a top 25 school you should consider Howard.  Why?  Because we get better employment prospects than half of the top 25. 

I don't think they get hired because they graduated from Howard with a great quality education compare to top tier law schools.  They get hired because they're black.

More like because they're excellent. Unfortunately, some whites who get rejected from law school or fail to get a job, get angry and blame race because it's easier than analyzing their own personal failings and shortcomings.