Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best T3 and T4 Law Schools  (Read 20458 times)

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Best T3 and T4 Law Schools
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2009, 09:09:50 PM »
It's definitely somewhere in Texas.  I was going to say Austin, but Dallas seemed more likely.  No way you're from Houston.

Austin is nice, and Houston is good too. If I had to live anywhere in Texas though, I would live in Dallas. However, I'm tragically not from the Lone Star (though, I'd rather be from the Sunshine).
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2009, 09:10:24 PM »
Fair shot, but no.

For what it's worth, the only decent city that I've been through in Oklahoma is OKC, and it's not anything to write home about in my opinion. I applied to OU and would have strongly considered it had they admitted me (waitlisted... for some reason), but FSU would have easily won.

Ninja is from Utah.   ;D

I would shoot myself in the f-ing head if I was from Utah. :)

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2009, 09:15:11 PM »
Fair shot, but no.

For what it's worth, the only decent city that I've been through in Oklahoma is OKC, and it's not anything to write home about in my opinion. I applied to OU and would have strongly considered it had they admitted me (waitlisted... for some reason), but FSU would have easily won.

Ninja is from Utah.   ;D

I got it. It's Colorado.  Why didn't you go to school at your home state? 

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2009, 09:22:36 PM »
Fair shot, but no.

Ninja is from Utah.   ;D

Finally, a winner.

I got waitlisted at CU, but had little desire to go there after spending some time in the CU system and my numbers (LSAT) were lackluster for the school anyway. That said, I did date a girl that went to CU and really enjoyed Boulder when I was there.

I got into DU and probably would have received a ride (I withdrew real early, like Feb. or something), but I had little desire to go to DU. Denver is a cool city and all, but DU is kind of meh as far as law schools go.

FSU was always my #1 school (I've wanted to go there ever since I was a kid) and honestly, I thought I'd get rejected from there. But, by the grace of our Southern god, I got picked up and I never looked back. Suffice to say, I couldn't be happier.

wrhssaxensemble

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2009, 10:51:57 AM »
Quinnipiac, Syracuse, Suffolk

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2009, 11:22:29 AM »
Fair shot, but no.

Ninja is from Utah.   ;D

I goot into DU and probably would have received a ride (I withdrew real early, like Feb. or something), but I had little desire to go to DU. Denver is a cool city and all, but DU is kind of meh as far as law schools go.

FSU was always my #1 school (I've wanted to go there ever since I was a kid) and honestly, I thought I'd get rejected from there. But, by the grace of our Southern god, I got picked up and I never looked back. Suffice to say, I couldn't be happier.

You should have gone to DU, I could have gotten you a job by now. Besides you can ski vail and go to class all in the same day
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Dr. Balsenschaft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2009, 11:52:44 AM »
Fair shot, but no.

Ninja is from Utah.   ;D

I goot into DU and probably would have received a ride (I withdrew real early, like Feb. or something), but I had little desire to go to DU. Denver is a cool city and all, but DU is kind of meh as far as law schools go.

You should have gone to DU, I could have gotten you a job by now. Besides you can ski vail and go to class all in the same day

Completely off topic, but I haven't been out to CO for a while.  Did you get a chance to ski the new terrain at A-Basin?  How was it?

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2009, 12:11:23 PM »
Fair shot, but no.

Ninja is from Utah.   ;D

Completely off topic, but I haven't been out to CO for a while.  Did you get a chance to ski the new terrain at A-Basin?  How was it?

No, did not make it to A-basin this season, yet. I heard the new terrain was great and being that A-basin was never really crowded it just made it less so. Its still open with a 60 inch base and will be open through July 4th (usually) so I might still make it before they close for some late spring skiing.

But to be honest A-basin is one of my least favorite mountains. Its just too steep for me. I skiboard (short sub 120cm but very fat skis). So I make long hip dragging carves, which are fine on most blues but doing that on blacks all the way down just kills your thighs because the skis are so short your really pressing against the mountain the whole time to stay in your carve. So I get worn out pretty fast at A-Basin.

Right now my favorite is Winter Park/Mary Jane because of the wide open greens and blues that allow me to make wide cross mountain carves without as much pressure on your thighs so I can ski a whole day without getting worn out.

Next time you’re out here look me up and we will go. I always get a season pass and can get buddy tickets for cheap.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

cconnoll

• AOL Instant Messenger - tgrdbsktprep31
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2009, 08:23:54 PM »
T4: California Western School of Law

Any thoughts? It seems that they have a strong presence in San Diego even considering the desirable location, competing graduates from other schools and CW is a tier 4.

http://californiabar.globl.org/report.php?mi=lawschool&ma=city&miv=&mav=san+diego&fn=li&li=20&g=2&pp=5&act=on

Matlock!!!!

• He, he, he.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2009, 01:55:33 AM »
T4: California Western School of Law

Any thoughts? It seems that they have a strong presence in San Diego even considering the desirable location, competing graduates from other schools and CW is a tier 4.

http://californiabar.globl.org/report.php?mi=lawschool&ma=city&miv=&mav=san+diego&fn=li&li=20&g=2&pp=5&act=on
Horrible 1L attrition.  Same with Whittier.  Plus add the fact that UCI has moved into the area.  That's a huge stinger!

Cal Western, Western State, and Whittier remain in those dark, smokey, nether regions of California that best remain unspoken.
If there's one thing America needs, it's more lawyers.  Can you imagine a world without lawyers?                         |
-Lionel Hutz