Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best T3 and T4 Law Schools  (Read 19597 times)

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Best T3 and T4 Law Schools
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2009, 05:21:17 PM »

Yes really. I realize that at one time they had been on probation.  However, they have worked really hard to shore up their numbers.  They've stopped accepting applicants with dubious LSAT scores.  They now require extensive pre-bar classes.  Their 2008 bar passage was 80%.  Their new dean is from the University of Colorado School of Law.  Their legal writing program is tops.  They have a collaboration with Pepperdine University for their international program.  They are heavily supported by the Orange County District Attorney's office.  Here is a list of law firms that have hired Whittier grads:

They're getting it together, but I think it's still hard to consider them anywhere much above the lowest schools. Yeah, they occasionally get someone placed well, but that's going to be a few guys a year. Even Cooley can manage that.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2009, 05:22:53 PM »

Whittier? Really?

Are you a Californian?

No, but I am aware of how they damn near lost their accreditation and how they continue to be a shithole.

What's your home state then?

Somewhere between CA and FL.

Tell me or I'll Ninja-trap you again.

You say that like I don't like participating in them. ;)

Why are you so curious about my home state? I'm curious as to that. Personally, I enjoy the game.

How much desire do you have returning back to your state versus stay in Florida or move to Atlanta, Texas, etc.?

Not much desire to return to my home state, but I could deal with it if need be. I'd rather move to Texas than Atlanta, but either would be fine in my book. Florida is still choice #1 though.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2009, 07:04:16 PM »

Whittier? Really?

Are you a Californian?

No, but I am aware of how they damn near lost their accreditation and how they continue to be a shithole.

Why are you so curious about my home state? I'm curious as to that. Personally, I enjoy the game.

How much desire do you have returning back to your state versus stay in Florida or move to Atlanta, Texas, etc.?

Not much desire to return to my home state, but I could deal with it if need be. I'd rather move to Texas than Atlanta, but either would be fine in my book. Florida is still choice #1 though.

You will have to choose soon as to where you want to take the bar. 

So, you must came from some crappy state.   :D

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2009, 07:21:05 PM »

Whittier? Really?

Are you a Californian?

For the time being, I'll be taking the FL bar (already signed up). However, if the right opportunity comes up, I'd gladly head elsewhere.

The home state does indeed leave a lot to be desired, but it's not entirely horrible. It has a few cities of note and probably isn't going to fail Michigan style any time soon, so that's good. Plus people not from there seem to think it would be a cool enough place to live.

Did you already give up on guessing?

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2009, 07:48:50 PM »

Whittier? Really?

Are you a Californian?

For the time being, I'll be taking the FL bar (already signed up). However, if the right opportunity comes up, I'd gladly head elsewhere.

The home state does indeed leave a lot to be desired, but it's not entirely horrible. It has a few cities of note and probably isn't going to fail Michigan style any time soon, so that's good. Plus people not from there seem to think it would be a cool enough place to live.

It's either Nevada or Arizona....or possibly New Mexico.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2009, 08:22:42 PM »

Whittier? Really?

Are you a Californian?

It's either Nevada or Arizona....or possibly New Mexico.

Good region, but none are my people.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2009, 08:52:49 PM »
Dallas, Texas.  So confident, I'm naming a city.

I do love Dallas, but no. Good guess though.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2009, 08:58:28 PM »

You're from Oklahoma. 

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2009, 09:03:42 PM »

You're from Oklahoma. 

Fair shot, but no.

For what it's worth, the only decent city that I've been through in Oklahoma is OKC, and it's not anything to write home about in my opinion. I applied to OU and would have strongly considered it had they admitted me (waitlisted... for some reason), but FSU would have easily won.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2009, 09:08:09 PM »
Fair shot, but no.

For what it's worth, the only decent city that I've been through in Oklahoma is OKC, and it's not anything to write home about in my opinion. I applied to OU and would have strongly considered it had they admitted me (waitlisted... for some reason), but FSU would have easily won.

Ninja is from Utah.   ;D