Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best T3 and T4 Law Schools  (Read 19361 times)

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Best T3 and T4 Law Schools
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 06:38:06 AM »
Considering that we occasionally debate this topic, I figured we might as well just have a topic for what everyone thinks of as the best law schools that are perpetually ranked in the T3 and T4, or pretty close to it. Give reasons if you want, don't if you don't. Let's have some fun. I'll start:

In nothing besides alphabetical order:

Albany, Arkansas-Fayetteville, Franklin Pierce, North Dakota, Ole Miss (probably the best on my list), Stetson, Syracuse, and Texas Tech.

University of Arkansas and University of Mississippi are at a different category away from Tier 3 and especially Tier 4, because of their frequent appearance at the top 100 and their low cost. 

Hence why I figure them to be two of the better, yet lower ranked schools.

dude, are you presently attending FSU law school?  what is that saying about stones and glass houses?

This would make a lot more sense if he were bashing these schools, which does not seem to be the case.

Indeed. I'm saying they're good schools that just don't get ranked very well for whatever reason.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 06:42:12 AM »
That's like saying: Which supercar is the best?

Ferrari, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Maserati

Lambo.

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 12:05:21 PM »
Ferrari, by far.

iamprov

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 11:16:53 PM »
I go to Albany and FWIW, I think it's T3 status is due to location, which is ironic because that's also the school's greatest strength, being the only law school in the capitol of one of the most influential states (with one of the most influential courts) in the nation.  I'm having a great experience overall.
Albany Law School Class of 2010

allaboutlydia

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 01:22:56 AM »
In Southern California:  Whittier (has top legal writing progam and excellent international clinic and study abroad programs), Chapman (small, in the OC but up and coming), Southwestern (I heard they moved from tier 3 down to tier 4... I find that hard to believe) and CalWestern (in San Diego).

;;;;;

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 01:39:52 AM »
John Marshall in Chicago has a good legal writing program (4th in the country), a solid PT program, and decent placement in Chicago if you are not retarded.  Although I am transferring out, it could be worse...
"Don't read what they write about you, just measure it in inches."  Andy Warhol

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 05:05:19 PM »
In Southern California:  Whittier (has top legal writing progam and excellent international clinic and study abroad programs), Chapman (small, in the OC but up and coming), Southwestern (I heard they moved from tier 3 down to tier 4... I find that hard to believe) and CalWestern (in San Diego).

Whittier? Really?

cconnoll

• AOL Instant Messenger - tgrdbsktprep31
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 05:21:10 PM »
How about Cal Western? A tier 4 in San Diego. Oldest accredited school in San Diego. 2nd Highest placement in San Diego behind USD. Strong alumni base in San Diego - so I hear  :-\ . But the school also contends with HLS, Stanford, UCLA ,USD, basically all T6 and any well regarded Californian schools. Also, I cant find much on salaries from CW graduates (although I know salary statistics are problematic)

So...A well regarded T4? or just another TTT..

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 09:18:20 PM »

Whittier? Really?

Are you a Californian?

cconnoll

• AOL Instant Messenger - tgrdbsktprep31
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 10:26:01 PM »
How about Cal Western? A tier 4 in San Diego. Oldest accredited school in San Diego. 2nd Highest placement in San Diego behind USD. Strong alumni base in San Diego - so I hear  :-\ . But the school also contends with HLS, Stanford, UCLA ,USD, basically all T6 and any well regarded Californian schools. Also, I cant find much on salaries from CW graduates (although I know salary statistics are problematic)

So...A well regarded T4? or just another TTT..