Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wilmington commute to NY....  (Read 2135 times)

Jemma

• View Profile
Wilmington commute to NY....
« on: May 01, 2009, 06:01:09 PM »
What's it like?  Is it practical to make the commute daily or would that be a major pain?  Also, do many people from Widener work in NY?

USC313

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Wilmington commute to NY....
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 02:07:57 AM »
I think the commute would be INSANE and would advise against it. I'm not all that familiar with different areas of NY, but even if your talking about somewhere on Long Island, which I'm fairly positive is one of the most southern parts of the state, your still looking at a 2 hour + commute. That's just nuts. You'd literally be losing hours of both study and free time; to do that day-in and day-out is really going to wear on your sense of well-being. If you're on the fence about actually living on campus, I'd say your only option is to forgo enrollment. I know some students that make a 1 hour commute and they say it's killing them.

USC313

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Wilmington commute to NY....
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 02:11:40 AM »
Oh, and Widener has decent placement in NY. However, most students practice in PA, NJ, and especially Delaware. Widener is the only law school in the state and has a pretty close relationship with the courts here. Because of Delaware's court's reputation as a national/international leader in corporate/business law, a lot of students take advantage of that opportunity.