Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law School Choices  (Read 3545 times)

lawhopeful888

• View Profile
Law School Choices
« on: May 01, 2009, 05:32:16 PM »
I had issues with my health in undergrad and because of that I don't have a great GPA.  I'm really so much more intelligent than my GPA illustrates and I got a decently good LSAT (150+) but even that wasn't where it should have been.

Anyway, enough of my wahmbulance:
My tentative plan is to suck it up and go to the best of the worst that I get into and try my best to transfer out.

So far...

I got into Roger Williams, St. Thomas (FL), Appalachian, and Cooley.

Waitlisted:
-Golden Gate
-Texas Southern U
-Hofstra

I know Cooley is a waste of time, so I already ruled them out.

Appalachian's first year is P/F which is not very ideal since I plan on transferring.

St. Thomas and Roger Williams became, thus far, the best choices. I don't know why everyone seems so angry toward RWU since according to this site I found published last year.. it's not so terrible:

http://prawfsblawg.blogs.com/prawfsblawg/2008/03/us-news-hacked.html

So here are my questions:
1) How easy is it to transfer out; what realistically are schools that will consider me? I've heard rumors that Touro (farther down the list than RWU) has transferred a few students to Columbia and a few to Georgetown... fact or fiction?
2) Of those two schools.. any advice on which to choose? If they're just about the same, I tend to prefer the Northeast.

Thanks so much for any advice you have to give me!

ILEARNEDGOODSTUFF

• View Profile
Re: Law School Choices
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 09:58:50 PM »
I implore you to check my other posts regarding RWUSOL. This school has grown tremendously. When reading other posts please keep in mind that people who are bitter post, those who are happy do not. I am proud to be graduating from RWUSOL in three days.

bar passage ratings last year for RWU LAW students

NY- 91%( one of the nation's hardest bar exams)
MA- 93% (tied with BC and trailing only BU and HARVARD)
CT- 90%

121 May 2008 graduates took the bar in either MA, RI, or CT with 109 passing one or more exams their first time, giving the school a 90% pass rate in the states in which the most RWUSOL students sit for the exam.

2010student

• View Profile
Re: Law School Choices
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 02:39:22 PM »
You can transfer out pretty easily.  Where you transfer depends on how you do.  However, last year, no one in the top of the class transferred.  Generally, the only ones that did were people that didnít do so great or transferred due to family reasons.  It seems as though everyone that did well here (at least in my class) really likes the school and didnít feel the need to transfer.