Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law school prep classes  (Read 1208 times)

lawcatl12

• View Profile
Law school prep classes
« on: May 01, 2009, 12:15:39 AM »
Hey all,

Was wondering if any of you were looking into law school prep classes (like www.lawpreview.com) before school starts in the fall. 
On other boards they have been said to not be very useful, but I haven't been in school for 8 years, so I was thinking about them to help get me back in the school mindset.

Any suggestions or knowledge of programs out there?

Thanks in advance!

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Law school prep classes
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 12:28:58 AM »
Hey all,

Was wondering if any of you were looking into law school prep classes (like www.lawpreview.com) before school starts in the fall. 
On other boards they have been said to not be very useful, but I haven't been in school for 8 years, so I was thinking about them to help get me back in the school mindset.

Any suggestions or knowledge of programs out there?

Thanks in advance!

Save your cash.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

LegalMatters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Law school prep classes
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 02:01:08 AM »
The law school I attended last year had a program from for students with "risk factors", like being out of school for several years, where we started a week earlier than everyone else. If you're going to a T1/T2 law school, call and ask about it (it's not something those schools like to advertise but I know for a fact Harvard has a program as does Villanova Law School in Pennsylvania). It's much more beneficial than wasting money on a commercial program because the program at the law school is tailored for students attending that particular school. Plus, it's just comforting to be amongst others who are coming from the same place in life, at least that's how I felt.