Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fordham and the Case of the "Missing" Check  (Read 993 times)

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Fordham and the Case of the "Missing" Check
« on: April 30, 2009, 10:39:38 AM »
I applied to Fordham in early, EARLY September by paper. Printed off the application, filled it out, wrote a check for the fee, and sent it on its way. After 5 weeks and no word of its arrival, I grew worried. I called the admissions office and politely asked if it had gotten there. It had not. I asked if I should send it in electronically, and the nice woman said yes, yes, of course, it probably got lost in the mail.

Now near mid-October I filled out the LSAC online application, paid the fee, and sent it on its way. BOOM! Arrived. I thought I was done, phew. Little did I know.

Another two weeks later, I get $70 deducted from my checking account. Wha-? I called Fordham thinking it was just an honest mistake. They probably don't check to see if an application has already arrived. "Oh we're so sorry for the mix-up, we'll issue a refund, no worries!"

December rolls around. They're still holding $140 instead of $70 and I've heard no word from anybody. Maybe they're slow - Virginia issued me a refund check because I qualified for a free app, and it took them 6 weeks.

January comes and goes. I email again. They're working on it. Then February, then March, then April. Now they've stopped answering my emails altogether, not giving me the time of day. Seriously, Fordham? You offer me a $60,000 scholarship but you can't give me back the $70 you shouldn't have cashed in the first place? SERIOUSLY?

FML

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Fordham and the Case of the "Missing" Check
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 10:44:29 AM »
I agree, your life is f***ed.
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 10:58:23 AM »

Indeed. That $70 will start a chain of events that will ultimately lead to my self-destruction, no doubt.

;D

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 11:06:10 AM »

Indeed. That $70 will start a chain of events that will ultimately lead to my self-destruction, no doubt.

;D

Absolutely.  It'll play out like this:

One day, you'll be headed to something important on another side of town. 

Because you're $70 poorer than you would have been otherwise, you decide to take the subway rather than taking a cab. 

The train you're on will get inexplicably delayed in a tunnel for 40 minutes to an hour, during which time you will strike up a conversation with the nice man or woman sitting next to you. 

Once the train starts moving again, you will arrive at your destination an hour late, only to realize that the nice man or woman you were talking to stole your wallet.

That means you have no ID, and therefore cannot get past building security. 

The other people who were waiting for you will become frustrated, then angry, then vindictive. 

They will tell everyone else they know that you are unreliable and irresponsible and that you should never work in this town again. 

You'll end up unemployed and homeless and will be forced to move back home and live in your [relative]'s basement thinking about the life you could have had but for that $70.
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 02:23:29 AM »
Get a lottery ticket. You got screwed. You are now primed for a lotto win. When things like this happen, look out, something good is right around the corner. Get a lotto ticket. And when you win, send me half of the winnings.  ;)