Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ABA Accreditation = Saturation or Protectionism of the Legal Market  (Read 1568 times)

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
Re: ABA Accreditation = Saturation or Protectionism of the Legal Market
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 05:05:54 PM »
Then raise the Bar so to speak.  J.D.s are worthless outside of their ability to help you land a job.  Bar admission should be the final arbiter, and if too many people are passing the bar and harming consumers, then raise the bar requirements. 

Works for me.  So you retract this previous statement: "I am of the opinion that you can't have too many law schools, or new lawyers"?  ;)
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009, 06:12:55 PM »

Works for me.  So you retract this previous statement: "I am of the opinion that you can't have too many law schools, or new lawyers"?  ;)

Nope, I don't retract it, I'm just informing your understanding of it in context.  You can never have to many lawyers.  But only lawyers who can pass the bar.  If you have 100% of the population able to pass a bar that is sufficiently difficult as to ensure competent legal services, then so be it!   ;D

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 06:13:56 PM »

Nope, I don't retract it, I'm just informing your understanding of it in context.  You can never have to many lawyers.  But only lawyers who can pass the bar.  If you have 100% of the population able to pass a bar that is sufficiently difficult as to ensure competent legal services, then so be it!   ;D

So you're making assumptions that you know or have reason to know are untrue, is that right?
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2009, 06:50:33 PM »

So you're making assumptions that you know or have reason to know are untrue, is that right?

Always!