Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: just curious  (Read 2404 times)

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: just curious
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 09:00:43 PM »
I would love for someone to chime in & tell us that they repeated a course, and that their institution did not put either the grade or the number of units from the original course on their transcript. I would be interested to know what kind of school does that..i.e. community college, a certain state university system, etc.

I worked as a college counselor at a Top 25 public university and IIRC, if a student repeated a course, I think the original number of units would show up but I know for a fact that the original grade would not.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 09:04:40 PM »
I would love for someone to chime in & tell us that they repeated a course, and that their institution did not put either the grade or the number of units from the original course on their transcript. I would be interested to know what kind of school does that..i.e. community college, a certain state university system, etc.

I worked as a college counselor at a Top 25 public university and IIRC, if a student repeated a course, I think the original number of units would show up but I know for a fact that the original grade would not.

Thank you. Now that IIRC has been directed at me, I had to figure out what it meant.
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 09:15:46 PM »
Hahaha!  My goal to nerdify the world has gone one step further :)
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 09:59:43 PM »

Ok, forgetting the attitude thing.

What you said above is only true if "the transcript does not show both the grade and the units for the original attempt."

I can tell you that every repeated course from my transcript shows the grade and the number of units. It has a small designation next to it saying I repeated the course, but the grade & units are there. That's my point. I understand that the schools I went to do not represent all schools, but my argument was that if it shows up on the transcript, LSAC will calculate it. Now, if it shows up without the grade or number of units, then they will not count it.

At some point we're going to have to concentrate on the damage we've done to our friendship.

This is of more import than the actual thread.

I suggest necklaces to rectify any damage:

she____atomizes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 10:56:24 PM »

so does that mean if i retake a course and it only shows my second grade and the fact i retook the class then i wouldnt count the original grade into my LSDAS GPA? only the second one?

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 11:05:42 PM »
it only shows my second grade

Yup..if it only shows one grade, then..thats the only grade they can input.

LSN

she____atomizes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009, 11:11:07 PM »
it only shows my second grade

Yup..if it only shows one grade, then..thats the only grade they can input.

yeyeyey! this is fantastic news!

thanks everyone youve all been very helpful : )

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 03:14:45 AM »

Ok, forgetting the attitude thing.

What you said above is only true if "the transcript does not show both the grade and the units for the original attempt."

I can tell you that every repeated course from my transcript shows the grade and the number of units. It has a small designation next to it saying I repeated the course, but the grade & units are there. That's my point. I understand that the schools I went to do not represent all schools, but my argument was that if it shows up on the transcript, LSAC will calculate it. Now, if it shows up without the grade or number of units, then they will not count it.

At some point we're going to have to concentrate on the damage we've done to our friendship.

This is of more import than the actual thread.

I suggest necklaces to rectify any damage:

I'm going to weld that necklace on.

(hugs tcwhat)

LSN