Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How to deal with Gunners!  (Read 3682 times)

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How to deal with Gunners!
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2009, 08:41:43 PM »
Tell them to go to LSD, TLS, MySpace, Facebook, or wherever else and get it out of their system...then maybe they can shut up in class. That's what I do; I am as quiet as a church mouse in classes, but I am very vocal online. 

I figured as much.

Oh...u got jokes! How did I know the dogs would come out...and that YOU would be the lead dog. I guess I left myself open for that one. But I get A's, so it works for me. lol.

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2009, 08:53:44 PM »
I wasn't joking.  And you give me too much credit; people were making fun of you in this thread way before I arrived.
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

Cool Beans

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2009, 09:45:50 PM »
I wasn't joking.  And you give me too much credit; people were making fun of you in this thread way before I arrived.

Well congratulations!  You jumped on the bandwagon! 

This "let's all pick on lawdog2" is completely disgusting.  Albeit, expected.  I remember back in 3rd grade, all of the kids would gang up and pick on the smart kid.  I remember thinking that I can't wait till we all grow up and mature, and then maybe people will respect the unique minds.  Sadly, this has not occurred.  And there is no worse juvenile and malicious cafeteria than lawschooldiscussion.org

It's apparent to everyone that LawDog2 is the victim of society's Allodoxaphobia - the fear of opinions.  Not just opinions mind you; smart, intelligent, and pointed formulations of logic.  That said, it's pretty easy and simple to agree with the common and midly bright comment which permeates the internet.  However, truly brilliant ideas have, historically, been scorned and ridiculed.  LawDog2 has sadly become a victim to this pattern.  People are scirred of his thoughts... His unique and powerful insights into not only the field of legal education, but also life and society in general are a seldom understood internet treasure.  Thus, it is a pity that people do not take the time to review his past posts in order to learn and grow from his knowledge.

Only rarely is one able to be as smart as LawDog2 yet socially accepted as well.  For instance, Pardon Johnny Cash has been able to accomplish this feat through his charm and wit.  However, it should be expected that the few others will not.  So LawDog: continue on.  Be brave.  Do not let these common minds hold you back.  You will one day be their king.

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2009, 09:49:21 PM »

This "let's all pick on lawdog2" is completely disgusting.  Albeit, expected.  I remember back in 3rd grade, all of the kids would gang up and pick on the smart kid.  I remember thinking that I can't wait till we all grow up and mature, and then maybe people will respect the unique minds.  Sadly, this has not occurred.  And there is no worse juvenile and malicious cafeteria than lawschooldiscussion.org

It's apparent to everyone that LawDog2 is the victim of society's Allodoxaphobia - the fear of opinions.  Not just opinions mind you; smart, intelligent, and pointed formulations of logic.  That said, it's pretty easy and simple to agree with the common and midly bright comment which permeates the internet.  However, truly brilliant ideas have, historically, been scorned and ridiculed.  LawDog2 has sadly become a victim to this pattern.  People are scirred of his thoughts... His unique and powerful insights into not only the field of legal education, but also life and society in general are a seldom understood internet treasure.  Thus, it is a pity that people do not take the time to review his past posts in order to learn and grow from his knowledge.

Only rarely is one able to be as smart as LawDog2 yet socially accepted as well.  For instance, Pardon Johnny Cash has been able to accomplish this feat through his charm and wit.  However, it should be expected that the few others will not.  So LawDog: continue on.  Be brave.  Do not let these common minds hold you back.  You will one day be their king.

LOL.
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2009, 10:02:04 PM »
But I find him entertaining.  :)

Cool Beans

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2009, 10:10:33 PM »

LOL.

Do not feed the troll.

That is all.

I take great offense at this, sir.  While the rest of us are trying to have an intelligent discussion, you are trying to disrupt the cordial flow of ideas through ad hominen attacks and degrading slurs.  Most importantly, you labeled me with the vile t-word. 

The t-word has become the most horrendous epithet on the internet.  It is a word that is more powerful than it's meaning.  It is a word that degrades more than it illustrates an opinion.  Thus, the user is no different than being a racist, mysognist, or a homophobe.  And in essence, you are now all of these things.

So sir, I am going to silently sit here, wondering what I have done to offend you so much.  Why did I deserve your venom?  This word hurts me so much, I am pained into wondering what I have done wrong.  While the normal reaction would be to return your volley with my own choice words, the pure degradation of your comment has wounded me. 

My tears which drop onto my keyboard are of pain and sadness. 

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2009, 10:24:21 PM »

I do not care about being attacked, even under the veil of "entertainment". I am very secure. And some of my ideas do appear to be "out there", I realize that. But at least I can try on a new perspective and form my own thoughts. And those thoughts have sered me well, otherwise, I would not be nearly as accomplished as I am.

But, back to the topic, gunners do not realize that they are wasting money and time...their own as well as that of the other students and the profs. Every minute spent on a student's comments is a minute less of prof lecture. Even if just five minutes are wasted in a single class session, a 1L class can waste at least hundred$ of thou$and$ of dollar$ per year if not million$.   

For the record, I appreciate the backup Cool Beans. It's nice to have an ally once in awhile. However, I do think you give me too much credit. I am wrong at times, or at least overreaching. Sometimes, I do it purposefully, to provoke, cause controversy, invoke emotion. I like it. But I am mostly serious, and I believe most of what I say. And I believe that most of these people are intelligent and hard-working, if over-opinionated and short-sighted. Those are the people I want to provoke into expanding their ideologies.

To some people, I am not welcome on this board, and those are the people I seek to irritate. But I serve a purpose besides entertainment or comedy. I have nothing to prove, and that's nice.

There are times when I look back at my posts and go, I could have constructed my ideas better so that people understand them, namely the time that I used an analogy from contract law to demonstrate the ridiculousness of posters being disbarred for practicing law w/o a license. People took my argument too literally instead of realizing that I was presenting a thought process upon which common laws in general are founded: that an "awareness" of a wrongful act may/may not define its existence as a crime under the law, as might an understanding or "common belief" between two or more people in the exchange of goods and services. Moreover, the "reasonable person" standard is often a factor in defining wrongs. To me, understanding the common law is about nothing more than understanding general prionciples upon which it is founded and tempering it with our common sense, which is informed mostly by the unique time(s) and place(s) in which we live.   

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2009, 10:29:48 PM »

I do not care about being attacked, even under the veil of "entertainment". I am very secure. And some of my ideas do appear to be "out there", I realize that. But at least I can try on a new perspective and form my own thoughts. And those thoughts have sered me well, otherwise, I would not be nearly as accomplished as I am.

But, back to the topic, gunners do not realize that they are wasting money and time...their own as well as that of the other students and the profs. Every minute spent on a student's comments is a minute less of prof lecture. Even if just five minutes are wasted in a single class session, a 1L class can waste at least hundred$ of thou$and$ of dollar$ per year if not million$.   

I meant Cool Beans.  It's not always about you.

But I'm sure you're very accomplished and all that.  I'm sure you'll even learn modesty somewhere down the line.

Cool Beans

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2009, 10:33:08 PM »

But I'm sure you're very accomplished and all that.  I'm sure you'll even learn modesty somewhere down the line.

Yeah, lawdog.  I defend you and then you make me look like a jackass.   ::)

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2009, 10:37:29 PM »

Yeah, lawdog.  I defend you and then you make me look like a jackass.   ::)

I hope you've learned your lesson.