Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How to deal with Gunners!  (Read 3905 times)

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How to deal with Gunners!
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2009, 10:42:32 PM »
But I find him entertaining.  :)

I do not care about being attacked, even under the veil of "entertainment". I am very secure. And some of my ideas do appear to be "out there", I realize that. But at least I can try on a new perspective and form my own thoughts. And those thoughts have sered me well, otherwise, I would not be nearly as accomplished as I am.

But, back to the topic, gunners do not realize that they are wasting money and time...their own as well as that of the other students and the profs. Every minute spent on a student's comments is a minute less of prof lecture. Even if just five minutes are wasted in a single class session, a 1L class can waste at least hundred$ of thou$and$ of dollar$ per year if not million$.   

I meant Cool Beans.  It's not always about you.

But I'm sure you're very accomplished and all that.  I'm sure you'll even learn modesty somewhere down the line.

Yeah, lawdog.  I defend you and then you make me look like a jackass.   ::)

Not at all. I really appreciate you...as I said down below. How did I make you look like a jackass, anyways? I did not refute your points. They were well-taken. I'm trying to show some humility here, the kind bl825 claims I do not possess.

Ur my dog!

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2009, 10:45:15 PM »
Trying: the first step to failing.  ;)
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2009, 10:50:07 PM »
You're working with your ex and wondering how you can turn that into a good situation?

You can't.

But you should try to not be goaded into anything.  You should never have started to contradict what this person says.  Just let him go through life spewing misinformation and being his gunner self.  You can't put a gunner in his place; you can only avoid him.  Live and let live.

Sure you can put a gunner in his or her place. You just need to make them feel absolutely and utterly stupid. This involves a bit of confrontation though. But it can be done. Trust me.

But if you're a peaceful or unconfrontational person (unlike myself) then I would agree. Live and let live.

Maybe so, but it didn't work so well for OP.  He/she just got an enemy who is trying to undermine him/her.

I think it might have something to do with the prior dating experience.

Anyway, I'm telling you, make him feel like an idiot infront of a large enough crowd of people (i.e. by proving him wrong on some major point that he had made a stupid comment about) and he'll shut up around you. Guaranteed or your money back.

If that's true, how do you explain LawDog?

LawDog is a positive contributor to this and other boards, one who does not post as much as he should. LawDog also knows much more than anyone will give him credit for...that's how you explain LawDog. Now, what's your excuse for being...YOU? lol. BTW, I have never been embarrassed by anyone on this board, and I doubt anyone here has the intellect to come even remotely close to doing it. It's not that people are not intelligent, they are. It's just that making a truly intelligent and street-wise person look foolish is no easy feat. You have to be a genius to pull that one off.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2009, 10:52:25 PM »

There is no hope for you...you're a follower and a coward. I really do feel sorry for you. I have said it before, and I will now reiterate...you are intiomidated by true intelligence, that which operates on its own and needs no edification.

When have you ever formed an original thought or idea and put it on this board? I have never seen it.

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2009, 10:54:52 PM »

There is no hope for you...you're a follower and a coward. I really do feel sorry for you. I have said it before, and I will now reiterate Cool Beans...you are intiomidated by true intelligence, that which operates on its own and needs no edification.

When have you ever formed an original thought or idea and put it on this board? I have never seen it.

"True intelligence?"  :D

Note what I just said about your trying to show humility.
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2009, 12:40:44 AM »

There is no hope for you...you're a follower and a coward. I really do feel sorry for you. I have said it before, and I will now reiterate...you are intiomidated by true intelligence, that which operates on its own and needs no edification.

How juvenile, come on..."first step to failing". Not succeeding...so the Wright Bros. didn't "try...and retry", they just "did"? Babies don't "try" to walk before they actually "do"? You sound philosophically retarded...and you're doing it with unoriginal thoughts; that's even worse.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2009, 12:51:05 AM »
But I find him entertaining.  :)

I do not care about being attacked, even under the veil of "entertainment". I am very secure. And some of my ideas do appear to be "out there", I realize that. But at least I can try on a new perspective and form my own thoughts. And those thoughts have sered me well, otherwise, I would not be nearly as accomplished as I am.

But, back to the topic, gunners do not realize that they are wasting money and time...their own as well as that of the other students and the profs. Every minute spent on a student's comments is a minute less of prof lecture. Even if just five minutes are wasted in a single class session, a 1L class can waste at least hundred$ of thou$and$ of dollar$ per year if not million$.   

I meant Cool Beans.  It's not always about you.

But I'm sure you're very accomplished and all that.  I'm sure you'll even learn modesty somewhere down the line.

It's not always about me? You wouldn't know it by the way you guys write about me. When I'm off doing other stuff, you guys write about me. When I sleep, you write about me. When I'm with my girlfriend, you are writing about me. You all know MY name, I couldn't tell any of you from each other, save for your avitars...and that's only when I am responding. I no nobody's name, but everybody knows MY name. That's a telltale sign of popularity, notoriety, whatever you want to call it. And, in today's world, there's little or no difference betwwen the terms. And you're always thinking about me, even when you eat...when you are being intimate with your very forgiving, undemanding mates, you are thinking of ME. Looks like it's ALL about me. You were writing about me before I even came to this thread. I must be damn good to occupy your thoughts like that. You people can't even function without me. The first thing you do every day is look to see what I have posted. If it was pure nonsense, you would have been bored to death long ago and shown it by not responding. But you cannot do that b/c I am just too strong and too provocative to resist.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2009, 12:56:51 AM »
You've massacred this thought provoking thread. For shame.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2009, 01:28:31 AM »
You've massacred this thought provoking thread. For shame.

:D

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2009, 01:34:04 AM »

What you said below was garbage..."first step to failing". Not succeeding...so the Wright Bros. didn't "try...and retry", they just "did"? Babies don't "try" to walk before they actually "do"? You sound philosophically retarded...and you're doing it with unoriginal thoughts; that's even worse.

Simpsons references are lost on you I see.  What a shame.

"Philosophically retarded."  LOL.