Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How to deal with Gunners!  (Read 3831 times)

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
Re: How to deal with Gunners!
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 02:33:26 PM »
You're working with your ex and wondering how you can turn that into a good situation?

You can't.

But you should try to not be goaded into anything.  You should never have started to contradict what this person says.  Just let him go through life spewing misinformation and being his gunner self.  You can't put a gunner in his place; you can only avoid him.  Live and let live.

Sure you can put a gunner in his or her place. You just need to make them feel absolutely and utterly stupid. This involves a bit of confrontation though. But it can be done. Trust me.

But if you're a peaceful or unconfrontational person (unlike myself) then I would agree. Live and let live.

Maybe so, but it didn't work so well for OP.  He/she just got an enemy who is trying to undermine him/her.

I think it might have something to do with the prior dating experience.

Anyway, I'm telling you, make him feel like an idiot infront of a large enough crowd of people (i.e. by proving him wrong on some major point that he had made a stupid comment about) and he'll shut up around you. Guaranteed or your money back.

If that's true, how do you explain LawDog?

:D :D :D

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 02:33:53 PM »
You're working with your ex and wondering how you can turn that into a good situation?

You can't.

But you should try to not be goaded into anything.  You should never have started to contradict what this person says.  Just let him go through life spewing misinformation and being his gunner self.  You can't put a gunner in his place; you can only avoid him.  Live and let live.

Sure you can put a gunner in his or her place. You just need to make them feel absolutely and utterly stupid. This involves a bit of confrontation though. But it can be done. Trust me.

But if you're a peaceful or unconfrontational person (unlike myself) then I would agree. Live and let live.

Maybe so, but it didn't work so well for OP.  He/she just got an enemy who is trying to undermine him/her.

I think it might have something to do with the prior dating experience.

Anyway, I'm telling you, make him feel like an idiot infront of a large enough crowd of people (i.e. by proving him wrong on some major point that he had made a stupid comment about) and he'll shut up around you. Guaranteed or your money back.

If that's true, how do you explain LawDog?

Disclaimer: This strategy works slightly differently over the anonymous interwebs.

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 02:46:34 PM »
Honestly, the only credited response here is from Matthies. Stop worrying about what's going on with other people.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 04:13:18 PM »
Honestly, the only credited response here is from Matthies. Stop worrying about what's going on with other people.

My response was credited, too.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 04:19:45 PM »

My response was credited, too.

Oh Wally
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Live Free or Die!

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 05:50:08 PM »
Hi again... Just got off work. I've thought about it and I'll talk to him nicely about my issues concerning him.

Probably will try to be nicer in the discussion. Tell him if he does not want me to invalidate his points, he should know what he is talking about and think before opening his mouth.

I'll try to get a couple friends as witness's if he decides to go to HR.

Also, concerning my Capitalized text or any other issues concerning my prose:
The capitalized text was to highlight his points I found illogical and I wrote this thread at 3:30 AM in a IHOP after spending most of Saturday interning for in-house counsel, then preforming HIV tests so give me a break for not proof reading it. 

On a positive point, I did learn one good aspect from the ordeal I am going through... how not to be a gunner!

Thanks Again for all the help. 

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 06:24:45 PM »

Only a gunner would defend Mathhies suggestion.

I smell a gunner.

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 06:42:05 PM »
Hi again... Just got off work. I've thought about it and I'll talk to him nicely about my issues concerning him.

Probably will try to be nicer in the discussion. Tell him if he does not want me to invalidate his points, he should know what he is talking about and think before opening his mouth.

I'll try to get a couple friends as witness's if he decides to go to HR.

Also, concerning my Capitalized text or any other issues concerning my prose:
The capitalized text was to highlight his points I found illogical and I wrote this thread at 3:30 AM in a IHOP after spending most of Saturday interning for in-house counsel, then preforming HIV tests so give me a break for not proof reading it. 

On a positive point, I did learn one good aspect from the ordeal I am going through... how not to be a gunner!

Thanks Again for all the help. 

OMFG this isn't an ordeal. Grow the hell up.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 08:12:12 PM »
Tell them to go to LSD, TLS, MySpace, Facebook, or wherever else and get it out of their system...then maybe they can shut up in class. That's what I do; I am as quiet as a church mouse in classes, but I am very vocal online. 

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2009, 08:38:44 PM »
Tell them to go to LSD, TLS, MySpace, Facebook, or wherever else and get it out of their system...then maybe they can shut up in class. That's what I do; I am as quiet as a church mouse in classes, but I am very vocal online. 

I figured as much.
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.