Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help Please. Loyola LA v. McGeorge  (Read 1043 times)

Capella

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Help Please. Loyola LA v. McGeorge
« on: April 25, 2009, 02:39:16 AM »
Help!

I am on the UCD and UCLA waitlists, but have been admitted to Loyola LA and McGeorge. I don't know what to do. Obviously, I am hoping and praying that one of the UCs will admit me. I have sent my LOCIs and a letter of recommendation from my current supervisor at my job with the U.S. Dept. of Commerce. However, I still have to make a deposit to one of the schools that admitted me by next week, because I don't want to miss going to law school.

I was accepted at McGeorge with honors and a renewable scholarship. Loyola has yet to send me any offers of money. I am tempted to go to McGeorge, but in case that I do end up wanting to transfer (not that I am planning to), would it be easier to make a leap from Loyola (65th) than from McGeorge (95th) simply because it is ranked higher? Or would my performance matter more than the school ranking? I really do want to consider all possible scenarios here. Any advice?

I have also heard that Loyola has an "anti-transfer" policy and releases grades after the transfer applications deadline. I was not aware of that. Even if that were the case, I would still want to transfer, but how would I do so? I suppose I could attempt to get letters from my professors attesting to my grades and performance in the classes. What else could one do in such a situation? Has anyone dealt with that here?