Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dayton 2L Taking Questions  (Read 435 times)

Shake Zula

• View Profile
Dayton 2L Taking Questions
« on: April 24, 2009, 05:05:59 PM »
Ominous choice, no?

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Dayton 2L Taking Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 03:45:06 AM »
How are job prospects?

Shake Zula

• View Profile
Re: Dayton 2L Taking Questions
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 07:57:00 AM »
How are job prospects?

Not bad for me. In fact it took me a while but I did get a summer associates gig with solid pay. Mid size firm 100+ Attorney's in Cincinnati. I had turned down only 2 offers at public interest/gov. offices so I can't exactly say I was flush with offers.

For the most part all the 2L seem to have found work. From my first hand knowledge I know people who have solid paying work in West Virginia, D.C., Texas, Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Ohio and Tennessee.

The 3L's at the top of the classhave found work at top end mid west firms. 100k + starting. Students on the accelerated programs are the ones who have kicked the most ass they all have found permanent work, mind you it is a small % of students who took part in that program.

From my perspective the issue for the graduating class seems to be that few firms/institutions will commit to students from UD before they pass the bar unless you are mid-size/large firms. But that makes sense from what I've heard about smaller firms/institutions.