Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Suffolk a tier 4?  (Read 16006 times)

20caliguy

• View Profile
Suffolk a tier 4?
« on: April 23, 2009, 08:21:30 PM »
Just wondering if people think Suffolk is getting the shaft in the new rankings. The school has been slowly increasing the median LSAT and GPA, but now they drop down to 4th tier? If one were just looking at the new rankings alone, one would think Suffolk is now equal with NESL and Roger Williams. Anyone else think this years rankings are looking weird?

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
Re: Suffolk a tier 4?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 08:28:34 PM »
does suffolk have a part-time program?

djshack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 05:33:27 PM »
Yes to the PT program, but it still doesn't add up.  There's a discussion on TLS.com about it going on.  Everyone else who created their own modified (yet fairly similar) rankings put Suffolk back in with the T3 crowd (based on a variety of numbers).  It seems someone at Suffolk forgot to give favors to the USNWR crew.

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 06:44:58 PM »
Yes to the PT program, but it still doesn't add up.  There's a discussion on TLS.com about it going on.  Everyone else who created their own modified (yet fairly similar) rankings put Suffolk back in with the T3 crowd (based on a variety of numbers).  It seems someone at Suffolk forgot to give favors to the USNWR crew.

Ah, can you link me to the modified rankings?

djshack

• View Profile

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 07:56:27 PM »
Its very strange they are in the T4. Suffolk is very respected in Boston, however, their problem is that they are stuck in a city that has Harvard, BU and BC. And then they have to compete with Northeastern and New England School of Law.

I'd say this is another example of when the USNWR has it wrong.

miller

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 10:21:45 AM »
With Harvard and BC placing so strongly in the Boston market, and BU and Northeastern rising in reputation, Boston is fairly saturated for an unknown school.  Tier 3 maybe, but they don't placce very well in BigLaw.

iamprov

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 03:33:06 PM »
I was very surprised to see Suffolk drop a tier.
Albany Law School Class of 2010

penni_rose

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 03:40:09 PM »
I can't find the rankings now, but I swear that when I started looking into law schools (a few years back), it was in the top 100. Am I crazy or is that right?

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 04:45:34 PM »
I can't find the rankings now, but I swear that when I started looking into law schools (a few years back), it was in the top 100. Am I crazy or is that right?

I don't think so.  http://www.prelawhandbook.com/law_school_rankings__2000_present