Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

After all is said and done, are you happy with where you chose to go to law school?

Yes, I am happy.
 18 (51.4%)
No, I went to the top school I got into and wish I'd taken the scholarhip at the smaller school.
 1 (2.9%)
No, I took the scholarship and wish I'd gone to the higher ranked school.
 2 (5.7%)
No, I really hate law school.
 1 (2.9%)
I am rather indifferent.
 3 (8.6%)
I haven't chosen yet, I just want to see the results because I'm a neurotic 0L.
 10 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Are you happy with your choice?  (Read 1493 times)

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
Re: Are you happy with your choice?
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2009, 03:23:33 PM »
I am unhappy that I took the lower-ranked school with the in-state tuition (essentially a 17k/year scholarship.)

I am remedying that situation by transferring to the highest school I can get in to ;D

Out of curiosity, what was the rankings differential between your top school, and the school you chose?  And where are you projecting you can transfer to?

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Are you happy with your choice?
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2009, 03:57:12 PM »
I am unhappy that I took the lower-ranked school with the in-state tuition (essentially a 17k/year scholarship.)

I am remedying that situation by transferring to the highest school I can get in to ;D

Out of curiosity, what was the rankings differential between your top school, and the school you chose?  And where are you projecting you can transfer to?

Currently at a mid-30's school. Top school I was accepted at was WUSTL, but I should have retaken the LSAT and aimed for the T14 (or at least UCLA/Texas/Vandy) instead of settling for my in-state school.

I've been accepted GULC EA already, though I can't make up my mind on whether I would go there if it is the only T14 offer I get. Unless my grades take a real dive this semester, I should get in the top 10 somewhere.