Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

After all is said and done, are you happy with where you chose to go to law school?

Yes, I am happy.
 18 (51.4%)
No, I went to the top school I got into and wish I'd taken the scholarhip at the smaller school.
 1 (2.9%)
No, I took the scholarship and wish I'd gone to the higher ranked school.
 2 (5.7%)
No, I really hate law school.
 1 (2.9%)
I am rather indifferent.
 3 (8.6%)
I haven't chosen yet, I just want to see the results because I'm a neurotic 0L.
 10 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Are you happy with your choice?  (Read 1459 times)

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Are you happy with your choice?
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 11:38:47 PM »
Though I definitely have complaints about my school, I can't imagine having gone somewhere else.  I turned down scholarships and higher ranked schools, but in the end, I still got exactly the job I wanted...and that's all that matters to me.
Fed gov't atty

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 12:07:16 AM »
Well as I said on another thread I have taken at least three credits in law school every semester including summers since 2004. Tonight I walked out of my last ever law school class. I have no regrets at all, I love my school, my city, my classmates and my friends I have made in that time. If I could do it all again, and this may sound crazy to you all, even if I had a chance in hell at Yale, knowing what I know now I would do it all over again right here. I made the right choice for me. Iím just having trouble comprehending that its all over as of tonight. That part I guess I was not ready to think about until the last time I walked out those doors and drove home.   Fells kind of Öempty.

Congrats Matthies!

Remember the little people after you pass the bar. Ok?
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 12:22:03 AM »
I'm happy. I'd be happier of I wasn't paying out of state tuition, but that's the cost of doing business.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 10:26:36 AM »
I'm happy. I'd be happier of I wasn't paying out of state tuition, but that's the cost of doing business.

Yea, I guess I can stay I have the $ regret, if I could pay CU tution at DU it would have been great.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

uh huh.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 12:40:13 PM »
Well as I said on another thread I have taken at least three credits in law school every semester including summers since 2004. Tonight I walked out of my last ever law school class. I have no regrets at all, I love my school, my city, my classmates and my friends I have made in that time. If I could do it all again, and this may sound crazy to you all, even if I had a chance in hell at Yale, knowing what I know now I would do it all over again right here. I made the right choice for me. Iím just having trouble comprehending that its all over as of tonight. That part I guess I was not ready to think about until the last time I walked out those doors and drove home.   Fells kind of Öempty.

Congratulations, Matthies!  That last class - I remember feeling suddenly displaced and I felt a weird identity crisis (until bar study started, lol).  Even if you have a job lined up, and have worked before law school, it's still like an ocean of the great unknown is in front of you. 

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 01:25:25 PM »

Congratulations, Matthies!  That last class - I remember feeling suddenly displaced and I felt a weird identity crisis (until bar study started, lol).  Even if you have a job lined up, and have worked before law school, it's still like an ocean of the great unknown is in front of you. 

Yea, that how it felt, but now I'm too busy studying for the bar to worry about it anymore!
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 02:44:21 PM »
100% happy.  I love law school and I love MY law school in particular. 

If I could go back, I wouldn't change a thing.   :)
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 02:56:31 PM »
I keep a pot next to my bed to catch my tears as I cry myself to sleep over my school's drop in the ranking.

::practices flipping burgers::
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 03:06:51 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Of course, I checked that I am happy with my choice! ;D
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2009, 01:49:06 PM »
I am unhappy that I took the lower-ranked school with the in-state tuition (essentially a 17k/year scholarship.)

I am remedying that situation by transferring to the highest school I can get in to ;D