Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

After all is said and done, are you happy with where you chose to go to law school?

Yes, I am happy.
 18 (51.4%)
No, I went to the top school I got into and wish I'd taken the scholarhip at the smaller school.
 1 (2.9%)
No, I took the scholarship and wish I'd gone to the higher ranked school.
 2 (5.7%)
No, I really hate law school.
 1 (2.9%)
I am rather indifferent.
 3 (8.6%)
I haven't chosen yet, I just want to see the results because I'm a neurotic 0L.
 10 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Are you happy with your choice?  (Read 1498 times)

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
Are you happy with your choice?
« on: April 23, 2009, 07:54:46 PM »
I'm curious about how people feel about their choices?  I know I was very nervous about "making the right choice".  Two years into it I feel like I chose right.  But I also kinda think that if I'd chosen the other school, I'd feel the same way.

How about you guys?

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Are you happy with your choice?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 07:55:44 PM »
Shouldn't there be an option for people who haven't made a choice yet but want to see the poll results?
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 08:03:11 PM »
Hmm, it's supposed to show up to everyone.  I'll think of something.

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 08:06:11 PM »
Hmm, it's supposed to show up to everyone.  I'll think of something.

Alright, I think that shoulda fixed it.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 08:28:57 PM »
Yes, I'm happy with my choice.  This might change though when I'm looking for my first "real" job after law school!  :D

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 08:52:41 PM »
Sometimes I wonder what things would have been like if I had gone to CU, but in the end I'm really glad I went to GULC. The education is amazing, and I'm very happy with the opportunities it has brought.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 10:15:55 PM »
Well as I said on another thread I have taken at least three credits in law school every semester including summers since 2004. Tonight I walked out of my last ever law school class. I have no regrets at all, I love my school, my city, my classmates and my friends I have made in that time. If I could do it all again, and this may sound crazy to you all, even if I had a chance in hell at Yale, knowing what I know now I would do it all over again right here. I made the right choice for me. Iím just having trouble comprehending that its all over as of tonight. That part I guess I was not ready to think about until the last time I walked out those doors and drove home.   Fells kind of Öempty.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 10:24:04 PM »
Well as I said on another thread I have taken at least three credits in law school every semester including summers since 2004. Tonight I walked out of my last ever law school class. I have no regrets at all, I love my school, my city, my classmates and my friends I have made in that time. If I could do it all again, and this may sound crazy to you all, even if I had a chance in hell at Yale, knowing what I know now I would do it all over again right here. I made the right choice for me. Iím just having trouble comprehending that its all over as of tonight. That part I guess I was not ready to think about until the last time I walked out those doors and drove home.   Fells kind of Öempty.

Congrats!

Hopefully you'll be one of the bar passers that keeps posting!
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 10:41:48 PM »

I'm sure its not the same, but I had that feeling as I left my last ugrad class today. It's strange to think that its all over.

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 11:08:17 PM »
Matthies is clearly drunk.  I love my school.  But Yale?  C'mon, J. Press n' Bulldogs.  Harvard, no thanks, but Yale?