Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New Nebraska Rankings are Wrong?  (Read 648 times)

ntiger

• KC Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
New Nebraska Rankings are Wrong?
« on: April 23, 2009, 05:08:47 PM »
I just got this email from Nebraska.  I guess they are trying to make sure late deciders don't let the new rankings sway them away.  I thought the rankings were perfect?! ::)
--------------------

Dear Admitted Student,

If you follow the U.S. News and World Reports rankings, you might have noticed that the most recent ranking places the University of Nebraska College of Law much lower than it has been in recent years.  Before I go any further, I want to alert you to the fact that this ranking is wrong and was based on incorrect data used by U.S. News.

Last year, Nebraska ranked in the top tier of law schools in the U.S. News rankings.  U.S. News recognizes that it used incorrect data in ranking the University of Nebraska College of Law this year, and we are working to get an estimate of where we would have been if the correct data had been used.  We have no doubt the estimate will place us in the top tier again. 

Unfortunately, despite the mistake, the ranking has been published.  But, again, our ranking in that list is simply wrong.  And while we continue to work with U.S. News to get more information on our corrected, estimated ranking, we want you to know the University of Nebraska College of Law is the same great place it was last year and that we will be next year.

We understand how this incorrect information could be confusing and very much encourage those with questions to feel free to contact us.  As always, we would be happy to personally answer any questions you may have about these rankings or other questions at the Law College.

Very truly yours,
Sarah Gloden, J.D.   
Assistant Dean
402-472-1526
gloden@unl.edu 

SamE397

Re: New Nebraska Rankings are Wrong?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 06:04:38 PM »
I guess the extra month they took wasn't look enough time to get everything correct.