Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: "preparing" for law school  (Read 1047 times)

cconnoll

• AOL Instant Messenger - tgrdbsktprep31
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: "preparing" for law school
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 12:36:24 AM »
You wanna know what you 0Ls really need to learn how to do?  You all need to learn how to dress.  I swear to god that most of you kids are clueless about how to wear a suit, or even a blazer or sports coat.

So, yeah, learn how to dress ya freakin' hippies.
Also take up tobacco pipe smoking.  That will set you apart in a good way.

Lol I will definetly keep this in mind! I hope San Diego has a Mens Warehouse.....

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 01:10:20 AM »
Lol I will definetly keep this in mind! I hope San Diego has a Mens Warehouse.....

It does, but it also has a Brooks Brother's outlet by the Mexican border.  Seriously, I think next year I'll hold a lunchtime event about dressing up.

"Well Suited For the Practice of Law"

Clara Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 11:08:31 AM »
I did nothing other than read "Law School Confidential."  I'm really glad I didn't.  If you feel like you must do something, the wikipedia articles about the general subjects that someone else suggested should be more than sufficient.

The only thing I wish I'd read before school started was "Guerila Tactings to Getting the Legal Job of Your Dreams."  Anything else would have been a waste of time, at least for me.

In my experience, the stuff you learn in class is what's on the exam, not the stuff out of E&E.  If you pay attention to the prof and  her or his hypos, you'll know what's coming.  It might not be like that at every school, but it certainly is at mine.