Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Moving from the Big Apple to the Big Easy (Tulane). Anyone else doing the same?  (Read 524 times)

ItsHisSled

• View Profile
Advice?

Anyone interested in possibly splitting a Uhaul?
Tulane Class of 2012

Crimson:devil(red)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Advice?

Anyone interested in possibly splitting a Uhaul?

I'm moving from Upstate. Not really sure how the move is going to happen yet.
Tulane Law School Class of 2012

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/crimsondevilred

DyathXianna

• View Profile
I'm doing the same thing (sorta...), I'm coming down from Upstate to Florida (where my parents live).  After I decide on an apartment in NOLA, moving the stuff from Florida.

For now, I've resigned myself to just looking for apartments online. I was hoping to get something close to the school, or at least on the St. Charles streetcar line, but it seems the most affordable places are in other NOLA neighborhoods like Algiers or suburban towns like Metairie and Kenner. I'm seriously wondering if the commute is worth not getting a roommate.

Anywho, I'm sure there's a bunch of us all in the same boat, and I would also like advice on moving to NOLA myself!
Accepted: Tulane($), Pittsburgh($$), Albany Law School($$$), Northeastern, Wake Forest, University of Florida
Waitlisted: UVA, W&L, American, Temple
Rejected: None so far
Pending: Cornell, Richmond

ItsHisSled

• View Profile
I've done research (had moving quotes, calculated costs of selling then buying new *&^%, etc) and it seems like the cheapest solution would be to split a Uhaul with someone else heading south.

would either of you be interested in that?  We can do a lot more correspondence to prove that I'm not a psycho serial killer.
Tulane Class of 2012

Crimson:devil(red)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I've done research (had moving quotes, calculated costs of selling then buying new poo, etc) and it seems like the cheapest solution would be to split a Uhaul with someone else heading south.

would either of you be interested in that?  We can do a lot more correspondence to prove that I'm not a psycho serial killer.

I sent you a PM.
Tulane Law School Class of 2012

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/crimsondevilred