Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WTF Rankings  (Read 7590 times)

YouShouldFeelPrivileged

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cornell University Law School Class of 2012
    • View Profile
WTF Rankings
« on: April 20, 2009, 10:57:01 AM »
Just figured I'd make a thread where people can comment on who got pwned and what not in the leaked 2010 rankings...

My take:
IU-B = WTF?  I visited and it did not strike me as poised for a +13 rankings jump  :-\
GW = pwned

What say you?
If I had known my next breath would be my last, I would have held it longer...

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: WTF Rankings
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 11:16:07 AM »
I'm glad I passed on the Cuse and their $, even with the Vf'nP they couldn't stay in the top 100.

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 11:26:13 AM »
Something seems off. GW and Fordham were clearly victimized by their PT programs (how else would you legitimize such a drop in the face of their employment #ers and median admission #ers?) while GT was seemingly unaffected ... I'm calling shenaningans ;)

TTom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 11:46:04 AM »
Just figured I'd make a thread where people can comment on who got pwned and what not in the leaked 2010 rankings...

My take:
IU-B = WTF?  I visited and it did not strike me as poised for a +13 rankings jump  :-\
GW = pwned

What say you?

Why would your visit give any indication of whether or not IU-B was going to jump? Oh, wait. It wouldn't.

YouShouldFeelPrivileged

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 11:53:37 AM »

My take:
GW = pwned

What say you?

Why would your visit give any indication of whether or not IU-B was going to jump? Oh, wait. It wouldn't.

The staff was really disorganized and IMHO it did not seem like a quality institution worthy of a ranking boost; if anything, it should have fallen  ::)

TTom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 11:56:55 AM »

My take:
GW = pwned

What say you?

Staff disorganization isn't a category in the USNWR. Either is your opinion.

The staff was really disorganized and IMHO it did not seem like a quality institution worthy of a ranking boost; if anything, it should have fallen  ::)

Staff disorganization isn't a factor in the USNWR. Either is your opinion.

It should have fallen? Why? Do you have anything to support this?

YouShouldFeelPrivileged

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 11:59:39 AM »

My take:
GW = pwned

What say you?

Staff disorganization isn't a category in the USNWR. Either is your opinion.

Staff disorganization isn't a factor in the USNWR. Either is your opinion.

Did you mean "neither?"  In that case, I would agree with you  ;)

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 12:00:58 PM »
I think that San Diego's leap was pretty impressive.  I wonder if their part time program factored in there. 

NMUZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 12:05:03 PM »
There are a few surprises to me

IU-Indianapolis- Big fall
Buffalo- Big jump
Syracuse- Drop out of T2

I am sure there are more, but this will get us started

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 12:22:01 PM »
I think that San Diego's leap was pretty impressive.  I wonder if their part time program factored in there. 

All the more reason that this list appears suspect; USD would have expected a similar drop given the incorporation of the PT program details

It seems semi-bizarre to me that a program (GW, with Fordham being similarly situated) with the 13th or 14th highest median admission #ers in the nation (167, 3.75) and the 18th highest NLJ 250 placement by % and 6th by total # is being bumped to 28 by Indiana, Iowa ... William and Mary?!?! It makes sense if (and only if) USNWR factored in PT #ers but apparently this is not the case; USD jumps by how many spots? Something is wrong here.