Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlist Notification  (Read 901 times)

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Waitlist Notification
« on: April 20, 2009, 09:37:39 AM »
Hey I am on the waitlist at two of my top choices and I have e-mailed them asking when they start letting people know when they get off the waitlist, but I just get a generic we can't tell you yet response.  So I was just wondering if anyone out there knows how the whole waitlist acceptance works when do they start notifying people, how do they notify you etc and is there some point where I should just give up on them.  I am just really curious about this I hope someone can help.

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Waitlist Notification
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 10:14:14 AM »
If they're not going to let you know where you are on the waitlist, then you have no idea of when you're going to find out. If their deadline is May 1st for deposits, once they start finding out how many people are attending they'll start pulling from the waitlist. You could hear sometime in the summer, or not until the first day of classes. It's kind of a crapshoot. Have you sent in a LOCI, or any other extras yet?

blergh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 12:37:13 PM »
One of the schools I was waitlisted at said that there generally isn't much movement on the waitlist until the second deposit is made, so I think waitlist notifications probably won't be sent out until mid-summer?  But this is just my thinking...

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 12:41:28 PM »
It depends on the school, some only have one deposit some have two. OP- generally, you could hear anytime between now and the first week of school
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 01:01:52 PM »
Yea I had a new LOR and sent in a LOCI to every school and Santa Clara since they are still looking at my application 7 months later I think it is a little ridiclous they haven't made a decision yet, but it is still my top choice.  Makes sense that after the second deposit people would start letting you know.  I just wondered if anybody had any direct experience with it. 

Northwoods

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 10:19:38 PM »
I was among the first accepted off the waitlist at my school. They called me the second week in June. From there, it was a rolling process; some people were admitted very close to orientation.

Keep in mind, though, that applications are up significantly this year. That may delay the timing.