Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2010 rankings leaked  (Read 7961 times)

kimber1028

• View Profile
Re: 2010 rankings leaked
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 03:34:25 PM »
It's actually the same pic that leaked on TLS last night... I think that's where they took the photo from.  Here's a link to that thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69124.  It has been widely debated as to whether the leak is real or not.  Personally, I'm inclined to think it is legit.
No way.

If you check out this link, US News explains that they may change the methodology to factor the PT medians into the overall score, as well as scoring the individual part-time programs. This would explain Fordham's fall.
University of Oregon 2012

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 12:35:40 AM »
It's actually the same pic that leaked on TLS last night... I think that's where they took the photo from.  Here's a link to that thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69124.  It has been widely debated as to whether the leak is real or not.  Personally, I'm inclined to think it is legit.
No way.

If you check out this link, US News explains that they may change the methodology to factor the PT medians into the overall score, as well as scoring the individual part-time programs. This would explain Fordham's fall.

Here's the quote from the link: Itís important to point out that these new part-time rankings will be in addition to the overall law school rankings that we will continue to publish as we have annually since 1990...

From every article I have read, USNWR is NOT including p/t scores in the f/t rankings. In fact, that's been the talk of the net. Many people are going crazy b/c they feel USNWR has "coppped out" in the end, largely, some say, due to the fact that one of the preverbial T-14 schools (can u guess which one? hint: it's in D.C., enrolls like 550 students and has, DING!, a p/t program!) would succum to one of the schools right "below" it.

USNWR, with its elitist agenda, can't have that, can it?

Besides, even if the p/t scores were merged with the f/t scores, it WOULD NOT explain IUB's sudden rise from #38 to #23 or UC-Davis's leapfrog of 10 spots over UC-Hastings.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 07:40:54 AM »
It's legit guys.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ky. born, Ky. bred... when I die, I'll be Ky. dead
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 08:22:47 AM »
It's legit guys.

Credited.  Over on TLS, they had some people go and confirm it... they have pictures of the book.
University of Kentucky 1L

LSN

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 08:29:01 AM »
GW people will be crying a bunch.  It's one thing to lose the ability to say T20; it's another thing to lose the ability to say T25 as well.  Boo hoo...

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 08:36:53 AM »
No way.

Here's the quote from the link: Itís important to point out that these new part-time rankings will be in addition to the overall law school rankings that we will continue to publish as we have annually since 1990...

From every article I have read, USNWR is NOT including p/t scores in the f/t rankings. In fact, that's been the talk of the net. Many people are going crazy b/c they feel USNWR has "coppped out" in the end, largely, some say, due to the fact that one of the preverbial T-14 schools (can u guess which one? hint: it's in D.C., enrolls like 550 students and has, DING!, a p/t program!) would succum to one of the schools right "below" it.

Besides, even if the p/t scores were merged with the f/t scores, it WOULD NOT explain IUB's sudden rise from #38 to #23 or UC-Davis's leapfrog of 10 spots over UC-Hastings.

LOL at USNWR's "elitist agenda."

Their only agenda is to sell magazines.  They're only elitist if being so helps them sell.  ;)
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 08:37:53 AM »
No way.

Here's the quote from the link: It’s important to point out that these new part-time rankings will be in addition to the overall law school rankings that we will continue to publish as we have annually since 1990...

Their only agenda is to sell magazines.  They're only elitist if being so helps them sell.  ;)

Whenever people use the word 'agenda', I tend to roll my eyes. 

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 08:50:16 AM »
Thank god these rankings finally came out, some people need to choose what law school they're going to  ::) ::) ::) ::)

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 08:54:02 AM »
No way.

Whenever people use the word 'agenda', I tend to roll my eyes. 

To be fair, some people do have an agenda.

My agenda, for example, is to climb out of this hole that I've dug for myself over the past few weeks.
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 08:58:38 AM »
At first, I thought you were referring to "LSD" as a whole... And then I'd say good luck to you.

Um, what?