Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2010 rankings leaked  (Read 7793 times)

jsb221

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
2010 rankings leaked
« on: April 19, 2009, 12:58:00 PM »
LegalGeekery.com has a link to the top 50 or so leaked law schools available at http://i41.tinypic.com/rvalag.jpg

I make no representations as to its authenticity. I just passed it along for those who might be interested.

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 rankings leaked
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 01:11:56 PM »
Totally fake

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ky. born, Ky. bred... when I die, I'll be Ky. dead
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 01:33:52 PM »
Totally fake

You think so?  I think this looks fairly authentic.
University of Kentucky 1L

LSN

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 01:36:11 PM »
Look at the heading. It says "Education" at the top. It doesn't look real.

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 01:52:30 PM »
In any case, has anyone actually checked out that site?  I had never heard of it before today, but legalgeekery.com seems to be pretty cool... plenty of reference information as well as some humor.

LSN

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 02:30:01 PM »
In any case, has anyone actually checked out that site?  I had never heard of it before today, but legalgeekery.com seems to be pretty cool... plenty of reference information as well as some humor.

Subtle legalgeekery.com trolling.
_______
.|E|R|S.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 03:05:53 PM »
Well...here's a clue...IU Bloomington is #23 on the list, which would be one of the most significant jumps ever. And Fordham drops to #30? For what reason? PT numbers aren't being calculated in the same metrics as FT, and Fordham has some of the best FT numbers in the country. If anything, I wouldn't be surprized to see Fordham RISE a notch or two. UC Davis leapfrogs over Hastings back to #35, where it was in 2003 or so? Vandy, which has been knocking on T14 for the last two years is now below Texas? Right! Vandy has gotten better. Don't be shocked if Cornell or GULC falls out of T14 b/c of Vandy or even UCLA.

The guy who created this is an IUB Law student or a recent IUB graduate...probably one who was rejected by Hastings and Fordham. lol. 

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 03:09:48 PM »

Subtle legalgeekery.com trolling.

Yeah... that is kind of what it is.  Except that I had never heard of the site before today.   ::)

LSN

kimber1028

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 03:15:56 PM »
It's actually the same pic that leaked on TLS last night... I think that's where they took the photo from.  Here's a link to that thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69124.  It has been widely debated as to whether the leak is real or not.  Personally, I'm inclined to think it is legit.
University of Oregon 2012

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 03:17:12 PM »
It's actually the same pic that leaked on TLS last night... I think that's where they took the photo from.  Here's a link to that thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69124.  It has been widely debated as to whether the leak is real or not.  Personally, I'm inclined to think it is legit.

No way.