Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone heard of this program? Would you recommend it?  (Read 509 times)

MuMuGuy

• View Profile
Anyone heard of this program? Would you recommend it?
« on: April 16, 2009, 06:34:52 PM »
http://www.washlaw.org/pdf/Into_Legal_Reasoning_Program_2006.pdf

I got something in the mail today advertising this program. Getting a taste of what law school will be like could be advantageous, but there are some obvious red flags. I've heard that similar programs like Law Preview were lemons that exist solely to cash-in on 0L insecurity. Does this seem legit or should I not waste my $50 (which is really cheap compared to similar programs)?

PreLawBootCamp

• View Profile
    • Pre Law Bootcamp
    • Email
Re: Anyone heard of this program? Would you recommend it?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 07:19:39 PM »
I teach a summer pre-law class, and I will tell you this:

From what I've seen, this looks like the BEST program out there.  I hate to say its better than mine: I may do more in terms of how to actually take exams.  But this looks exceptional.  I think it's well worth the $50. You're getting direction from practitioners---- that's priceless.
Pre-Law Bootcamp; Washington DC; June-July 2009.
Email: prelawsummer@gmail.com

BikePilot

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - joshthebikepilot
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone heard of this program? Would you recommend it?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 09:30:23 PM »
I'm not really sold on pre-law school prep stuff. They start from the basics at law school and this stuff will at best be really redundant. Also, professors vary wildly in what they teach. Even taking the same course twice with different professors might not give you a huge heads up the second time around. Taking a generic prep course seems even less likely to be of any help. If you really want to keep yourself busy probably the most likely thing to be of some help would be to buy the Glanon civ pro hornbook and read the thing cover to cover. civ-pro will generally be the most standardized 1L courses and the Glanon book is fairly universally recognized as being a good one. Still, this is totally unnecessary. You'd be better off doing something fun or getting some experience the summer before law school imho. You'll have three years to get your fill of studying.
HLS 2010