Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where is SMU at??  (Read 744 times)

OasisFan

• View Profile
Where is SMU at??
« on: April 16, 2009, 02:32:22 AM »
Applied in October...Deferred in January...nothing now in mid-april.

I will go the SECOND they call...but it looks like they're not going to.  Whats the deal?

SamE397

Re: Where is SMU at??
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 08:44:54 AM »
I mistakenly thought you were making a thread about the location of SMU. ROFL

OasisFan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 01:03:31 PM »
I mistakenly thought you were making a thread about the location of SMU. ROFL

hah nice!  ??? ::)

penni_rose

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 01:18:25 PM »
So did I.

The deposit deadline for people accepted in January was April 1st. They are probably just now starting to figure out how many spots they have left.

I deposited, but withdrew by mail yesterday, so that's at least one new open spot they can consider you for.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 07:50:03 PM »
So did I.

The deposit deadline for people accepted in January was April 1st. They are probably just now starting to figure out how many spots they have left.

I deposited, but withdrew by mail yesterday, so that's at least one new open spot they can consider you for.

You should have applied to some top 14 law schools that will almost guarantee you with a six figure job in Texas or anywhere in the country.  With UT, your chance of getting a six figure job is probably around 40-50%. 

penni_rose

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 05:55:43 PM »
I chose to apply to UT, because it was the school I wanted to go to. It dominates the market in Texas. It is cheaper than T14s (since I'm a Texas resident). It is in a city I love. And, honestly, I have no desire to leave Texas again. I did that for grad school. I really couldn't have left the state again anyway, because I have a husband who wants to keep his job, which pretty well limits my options. At the time, I didn't see the point in wasting the time and money applying to schools that I wouldn't be able to attend.

I do agree that I should have applied to T14s for one reason. If I had gotten scholarship money out of a T14 school, I could have leveraged that to get more money out of UT. Obviously the scholarships to Baylor and SMU didn't do it. I didn't think about that before I applied.

Now I'm done with the thread jacking.

OP, I hope you hear soon.