Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: $99 Florida Bar Application review by a lawyer.  (Read 1254 times)

SoreideLaw

• View Profile
    • Email
$99 Florida Bar Application review by a lawyer.
« on: April 15, 2009, 08:21:17 PM »
Save potentially thousands in legal fees and many sleepless nights having to appear before the Florida Board of Bar Examiners. There is a lot of bad advice floating around on this blog about Bar App's and Bar hearings. Call 888-760-6552 or visit http://www.FloridaBarHearing.com. This service was not available when I was in law school and now the Florida Bar is cracking down more than ever.

SoreideLaw

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: $99 Florida Bar Application review by a lawyer.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 09:38:38 PM »
Let's be honest the "free" service offered by law school dean's to review your apps is not going to get you to where you need to be. How open and honest are you going to be with a dean of a law school that you are currently attending and actually want to graduate from. If anyone has any bar app stories feel free to post a thread.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 11:36:43 PM »
How big is your insurance policy?

Seems like a lot of potential liability for $99.

SoreideLaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 10:48:37 AM »
We do not guarantee you will not be called in for a hearing or will even be admitted. We help you file the most complete, honest and accurate application that will hopefully not raise any red flags. If we are unsuccessful and you are called in for a hearing we will credit the $99 dollars back to your account should you choose to retain us to assist you with your investigative hearing. 

Netopalis

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - troop85eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 01:31:05 PM »
Scam!  Run away!  Avoid it like the plague!

Oh, and PS - a refund if you're questioned that's only good if you retain the services of the person who screwed up in the first place is hardly a good guarantee.
Mercer University School of Law '12

squireJons

• beware the law school scam
    • View Profile
    • lawschoolscam.blogspot.com
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 01:38:50 PM »
this should show the lemming law school applicants just how overcrowded the legal profession is when licensed lawyers have to resort to this sort of thing to make a measly buck.

Don't do it. Do not go to law school or else you will probably wind up like this guy selling your license for pennies.
Beware of the Law School Scam, kids!
see http://www.lawschoolscam.blogspot.com

Netopalis

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - troop85eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 07:04:16 PM »
Personally, I don't know of any out of work attorneys who are good at what they do.  There are plenty of government and nonprofit jobs - they may not pay much, but they're enough to get by on and provide a great quality of life for those who are willing to go without a Lexus. 
Mercer University School of Law '12

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 05:01:55 AM »
Or you could just not lie on your bar app to start with.

The best reviewer of your bar app is you.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

SoreideLaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 06:01:23 PM »
Most law students don't think to check their application with their law school application and don't have the capability to run a background check on themselves. 

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 07:26:42 PM »
Most law students don't think to check their application with their law school application and don't have the capability to run a background check on themselves. 

Like hell. Everyone I know at least looked at their law school app when applying to the bar, and you can do a background check on yourself if you know what you're doing. But I suppose the fucktards you're trying to get for clients are also the same fucktards that aren't smart enough to cover their bases/not lie on one app or the other.

Shill.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.