Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where to live in San Diego?  (Read 3163 times)

Sean104

• View Profile
Where to live in San Diego?
« on: April 15, 2009, 01:21:33 PM »
I'm trying to get some feedback on the different neighborhoods surrounding TJSL, i.e., safety, price, public transportation, distance from the school.

Mission Valley, La Jolla, Old Town, La Mesa, Kensington, downtown, Clairmont, Ocean Beach, Pacific Beach are some I thought of.  Looking to hear from current or former students, accepted students, and San Diego residents.

*Again, just looking for feedback about living situations.

cconnoll

• AOL Instant Messenger - tgrdbsktprep31
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Where to live in San Diego?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 01:44:20 AM »
any good suggestions for places to live close to Cal Western?

Cloud'nBolt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 01:25:16 AM »
I hear that Mission Valley can be a little pricey, La Jolla I KNOW is pricey as well as a tee-bit far, La Mesa is about 15 min. drive,  a good price, but you have to be a little careful on safety. I live in La Mesa now, $450 roommate situation with my own room and utilities covered in rent… but my neighbors are getting robed at gun point, people are breaking in below me, and some of my roommates/ apartment complex neighbors have served some time.  I probably live in the worst part of La Mesa, and im sure other parts are a lot nicer, but I think in regards to the city, it’s a case by case basis.

Julie in the housing office at TJSL has a pretty good system that she utilizes. She puts a lot of work finding students housing, she might be able to give you more info on the subject.

I'm trying to get some feedback on the different neighborhoods surrounding TJSL, i.e., safety, price, public transportation, distance from the school.

Mission Valley, La Jolla, Old Town, La Mesa, Kensington, downtown, Clairmont, Ocean Beach, Pacific Beach are some I thought of.  Looking to hear from current or former students, accepted students, and San Diego residents.

*Again, just looking for feedback about living situations.

LS_Elisabeth

• AOL Instant Messenger - Shespiecesofu
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 05:00:30 PM »
Hi! I'm going to be attending either Thomas Jefferson or Cal Western (pretty sure TJ) in the fall, and I live in Mission Valley, 5 mins away from both campuses. I live with 2 guys, and I'd love to cohabit with a fellow law student! We are going to have a room available next month for around $550, a great deal in Mission Valley. If you're planning on attending law school in the fall and you need a place to live in SD, shoot me an email at lizziedonovan@yahoo.com
Elisabeth

Sean104

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 06:38:37 PM »
Thanks Cloud.

Cloud'nBolt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 01:20:29 PM »
Thanks Cloud.

no prob, glad to help  :)