Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UChicago ED Roll Call  (Read 16198 times)

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UChicago ED Roll Call
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2009, 02:03:13 AM »
Whew... B+ in the class that I went 1800 words over the word limit in. Considering that I had a B+ in a 4-credit class last semester, and this was a 3-credit class, I'm OK with that. Even in my revised worst case scenario:

Civ Pro II- A+ (reported grade)
Crim- B+ (reported grade)
Property- B+ (not reported, but I have an A+ on a midterm that was worth 20% of the class grade)
Con Law- B- (not reported)
LRW- B (The only way I could get lower than a B is if I get a low C on my brief, which I don't think will happen.)

I still end up in the top 10%, and I don't think Chicago will revoke for that, even if it wouldn't have gotten me in had I not applied ED.

So, in other words.. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys in Chicago in August for OCI, and living in gorgeous Regents with a heated indoor pool and a (probably horribly overpriced) grocery store!

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2009, 06:13:51 PM »
I still end up in the top 10%, and I don't think Chicago will revoke for that, even if it wouldn't have gotten me in had I not applied ED.

So, in other words.. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys in Chicago in August for OCI, and living in gorgeous Regents with a heated indoor pool and a (probably horribly overpriced) grocery store!

Congrats man.  I rocked 75% of my course load, but got a B- in writing and a B in another two hour course.  GPA went up a bit, hopefully rank went up a few spots too, but I'm not sure if the soft grades in those two courses will ruin my deferred ED app.

coolderekwhoelse

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2009, 06:38:57 AM »
Whew... B+ in the class that I went 1800 words over the word limit in. Considering that I had a B+ in a 4-credit class last semester, and this was a 3-credit class, I'm OK with that. Even in my revised worst case scenario:

Civ Pro II- A+ (reported grade)
Crim- B+ (reported grade)
Property- B+ (not reported, but I have an A+ on a midterm that was worth 20% of the class grade)
Con Law- B- (not reported)
LRW- B (The only way I could get lower than a B is if I get a low C on my brief, which I don't think will happen.)

That's good to hear.

So far I'm:
Civ Pro - A (reported)
1L Elective - B+ (reported)
Property - B at worst (not reported)
Crim Law - B at worst (not reported)
LRW - Pass

It sounds like if they rescinded either one of us, they would have to reject both of us as we're nearly identical and I doubt they would knock out ~50% of the ED people.

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2009, 06:14:08 PM »

Congrats man.  I rocked 75% of my course load, but got a B- in writing and a B in another two hour course.  GPA went up a bit, hopefully rank went up a few spots too, but I'm not sure if the soft grades in those two courses will ruin my deferred ED app.

If your GPA went up a bit and you did well enough first semester to get deferred ED at Chicago, I'll willing to bet that if Chicago doesn't pick you up, someone in the general vicinity (CNB) will.

RonSantoRules

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2009, 06:56:53 PM »
Just curious about everyone's motivations for applying to Chicago. I am working on the app now and having a hard time coming up with good reasons to apply other than its proximity to Wrigley Field  ;D Clerkships? Academia? Ability to freeze to death for 7 months out of the year? All of the above?

transferjunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2009, 10:58:24 PM »
Just curious about everyone's motivations for applying to Chicago. I am working on the app now and having a hard time coming up with good reasons to apply other than its proximity to Wrigley Field  ;D Clerkships? Academia? Ability to freeze to death for 7 months out of the year? All of the above?

...maybe say you are interested in the clinics. They have some of the best clinics in the nation...
Side note: Is anyone else who was accepted ED transfer worried that their final grades wont be posted in time for the July 1st deadline to LSAC? No way all my grades will be in since my profs are moving so slowly.

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2009, 04:26:43 AM »
They know that your grades may not be in by July 1st. I asked McKellop about it; she said that she knows some people may not have all of their grades by that time, and that you should just get them in as soon as you can.

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 08, 2009, 12:05:34 AM »
I don't have my letter handy, what are we supposed to submit to Chicago, as deferred ED applicants, other than an updated transcript?  Are we supposed to submit another law school information form?

widennumber2

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2009, 04:15:04 PM »
What do you think my chances are if I got deferred during the ED round (3.98), and I will be resubmitting with a 3.75 (top 4%).  I know its a drop, but I'm still top 4%.  I received a B in contracts, which brought me down.  All the rest of my grades are A+s, As or A-s.

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2009, 11:42:15 AM »
Eh, speculating about your chances probably wouldn't be a useful exercise. I'm surprised that you didn't get in the first round, and I would be surprised if you don't get in off deferral.