Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UChicago ED Roll Call  (Read 16472 times)

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UChicago ED Roll Call
« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2009, 02:35:27 PM »
Not like there is any difference between a deferral and an acceptance anyway, aside from the fact that you don't have to withdraw from Georgetown if you were deferred, so you know you won't end up at your current school:/

widennumber2

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2009, 02:41:27 PM »
I too had my application placed on "Hold."

To be honest it makes perfect sense.  I wouldn't have let me in after one semester of good grades preceded by an relatively mediocre academic career.  Also, it would be strange for them to straight up deny people that they still have interest in.

"I am delighted that you applied to our Early Decision program and have demonstrated such a strong interest in the Law School!"

ugh.  let me in.

dred

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 16, 2009, 05:01:57 PM »
As suspected, I was "held" too.

For top 40%-30% at a T10, I think the result is rather generous. Hurray for limping on!

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2009, 12:55:29 AM »
So, did anyone get an actual rejection?

;;;;;

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2009, 01:46:35 PM »
So, did anyone get an actual rejection?

I did.
"Don't read what they write about you, just measure it in inches."  Andy Warhol

Miguel Bain

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2009, 09:20:06 PM »
Held... interesting because someone else at my school got in with lower numbers

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2009, 04:15:54 PM »
So, does anyone have any reason to panic yet about the whole consistent performance thing? My grades are going to start trickling in over the next two weeks, it is getting hard to cope with the suspense, especially since I sent in a housing application for Regents and so on this past week.

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 31, 2009, 01:57:48 AM »
So, does anyone have any reason to panic yet about the whole consistent performance thing? My grades are going to start trickling in over the next two weeks, it is getting hard to cope with the suspense, especially since I sent in a housing application for Regents and so on this past week.
I thought the consensus (from conversations with the admissions office) was that consistent meant passing all of your classes.

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 31, 2009, 04:06:24 AM »
I've heard so many different things about "consistent." I've heard "pass all your classes," "demonstrate a good faith effort in the Spring semester (which an A+ in Civ Pro II and a higher grade in LRW in Spring than Fall should demonstrate, regardless of my other grades,)" "no significant drops (which I could have trouble with because of my word limit issue in Crim Pro,)" and so on. Who the heck knows what is going on with "consistent"? I'm planning my life ATM as if I am a Chicago rising 2L, but still, until I have absolute confirmation, I will continue to panic about the "what-ifs."

coolderekwhoelse

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 01, 2009, 11:01:05 PM »
Yeah, waiting for grades is a monster pain.  I have an A in Civ Pro so far this spring, but no idea on the other 3 classes.  If I roll in with 3 B-minuses, things could get ugly.