Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UChicago ED Roll Call  (Read 16186 times)

widennumber2

• View Profile
Re: UChicago ED Roll Call
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2009, 06:57:13 PM »
I would be surprised if more than 5 made it.  That's why I'm kinda assuming that a blank is a rejection.  It'll be beat if we have to pay another application fee to re-apply (if we even can).  There isn't any way I can bring my grades (3.98) up so it might not even be worth reapplying.

transfereetobe

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2009, 07:10:58 PM »
Calls were for transfer.  Some people went decision but didn't get calls. Maybe there's a difference between that and blank? Who knows.

Miguel Bain

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2009, 07:42:39 PM »
Yeah still blank

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2009, 07:48:08 PM »
Absolutely doing the law review write-on at my current school because of the rescind issue. I hope to God that I don't end up regretting apply ED though... if I get revoked after having to withdraw from GULC, I'm going to be... well, yeah. And I do have reason to be concerned because of the word limit thing on my crim final, but there's nothing I can do about any of it now. I keep telling myself: worst-case scenario is that I end up staying at my current school, and am $80k less in debt than I will be from Chicago.

If the "consistent performance" is as others are reporting, you would be out of GULC as well, so forget about that. =)

Is your application status in the status checker blank or "pending" ?

My application status is on pending.

transferjunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2009, 07:48:43 PM »

Got the call this afternoon, too!!! You have nothing to worry about. I asked her about what "consistent performance" meant and she said all it means is you have to pass your classes, cause they need each student to be at the 2L level-- nothing else. After my property exam today, whew! Maybe I still do have some worrying to do :)

I hope this is the case.  When I asked her about it, she didn't say it didn't matter but instead said she didn't expect it to be an issue (which wasn't particularly reassuring to me).

For those that got accepted, are you still trying to write on to law review at your current school or are you putting all your eggs in the Chicago basket?  I'm afraid to skip the write-on competition here, then have my offer rescinded by Chicago.  This would leave me with mediocre grades and no chance for law review.
[/quote]

Yeah, she did say "wont be an issue," but then she kept explaining more where she said it's basically pass your classes. I wouldn't worry too much about word limits (doesn't your prof stop after the maximum, but not throw it out altogether?) My exams this semester were killer (and I still have one to go), but if anything goes wrong with my grades I will beg the profs to reconsider based on the fact that everything is riding on this. The only problem is that I learn my grades so late ( :( ) But I honestly think the whole rescind thing would mean something really disastrous (at least thats what I'll keep telling myself until my exams are done and the grades are posted).

lantransfer

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2009, 12:03:36 AM »
mine is now "decision pending" but i did not get any phone call so I think my rejection letter is on the way...

i do not have strong stats so i may just be in the first round rejection pool ....

(only 10~15% from T30~T40)

Good luck for those still waiting and congrats for those accepted!

Really hope i can improve my grades this semester to get a place in T14... :'(

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2009, 12:24:52 AM »
Mine is still blank and of course no call today. 

Was yours blank this afternoon but changed to pending this evening?

lantransfer

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2009, 02:56:52 AM »
i dont know when it went to decision pending b/c i had been studying for my last final for the past two days and did not check my status until i finished it this late afternoon!

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2009, 09:52:00 AM »
i dont know when it went to decision pending b/c i had been studying for my last final for the past two days and did not check my status until i finished it this late afternoon!

I bet you get a call today.

dred

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2009, 10:13:09 AM »
Still at blank. Top 30% at T10.