Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UChicago ED Roll Call  (Read 16646 times)

dred

• View Profile
Re: UChicago ED Roll Call
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2009, 04:36:36 PM »
I'm still at blank :), congrats to those accepted!

coolderekwhoelse

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2009, 05:02:35 PM »

Got the call this afternoon, too!!! You have nothing to worry about. I asked her about what "consistent performance" meant and she said all it means is you have to pass your classes, cause they need each student to be at the 2L level-- nothing else. After my property exam today, whew! Maybe I still do have some worrying to do :)
[/quote]

I hope this is the case.  When I asked her about it, she didn't say it didn't matter but instead said she didn't expect it to be an issue (which wasn't particularly reassuring to me).

For those that got accepted, are you still trying to write on to law review at your current school or are you putting all your eggs in the Chicago basket?  I'm afraid to skip the write-on competition here, then have my offer rescinded by Chicago.  This would leave me with mediocre grades and no chance for law review.

transfereetobe

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2009, 05:22:39 PM »
I guess I'm hoping blank still means you're in the running...

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2009, 05:33:24 PM »
If you are in, what are your stats and approximate rank of your school?  Congrats too! =)

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2009, 05:53:12 PM »
Absolutely doing the law review write-on at my current school because of the rescind issue. I hope to God that I don't end up regretting apply ED though... if I get revoked after having to withdraw from GULC, I'm going to be... well, yeah. And I do have reason to be concerned because of the word limit thing on my crim final, but there's nothing I can do about any of it now. I keep telling myself: worst-case scenario is that I end up staying at my current school, and am $80k less in debt than I will be from Chicago.

widennumber2

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2009, 06:00:48 PM »
I get the feeling that blank might mean deferred.  That is, if they even defer.

I think my UG stats took me out of the running.  I can't say i didn't expect it.

transfereetobe

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2009, 06:33:17 PM »
They said they weren't deferring... someone told me that for reg decision they don't do all the calls on the same day

widennumber2

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2009, 06:50:30 PM »
Interesting.  I guess we'll see.
Oh and congrats to everyone that got in!

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2009, 06:50:37 PM »
Absolutely doing the law review write-on at my current school because of the rescind issue. I hope to God that I don't end up regretting apply ED though... if I get revoked after having to withdraw from GULC, I'm going to be... well, yeah. And I do have reason to be concerned because of the word limit thing on my crim final, but there's nothing I can do about any of it now. I keep telling myself: worst-case scenario is that I end up staying at my current school, and am $80k less in debt than I will be from Chicago.

If the "consistent performance" is as others are reporting, you would be out of GULC as well, so forget about that. =)

Is your application status in the status checker blank or "pending" ?

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2009, 06:55:10 PM »
They said they weren't deferring... someone told me that for reg decision they don't do all the calls on the same day

Yeah, they said no deferrals, but who knows.  I'm still going to reapply as a regular transfer unless my grades tank this semester.

Regarding calls, are you referring to regular admissions or regular transfer decisions?  Regular admissions would make sense to do them on multiple days, they have 20x the numbers of calls to make.  I would be surprised if more than 10 people made the cut as early transfers.