Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WUSTL  (Read 11948 times)

armyjag

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: WUSTL
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2009, 08:23:47 PM »
I'm about 80% WUSL, 20% George Washington.  If anyone has thoughts, I'd appreciate it.

There was a world of difference in OCI between the 2.  Although GWU had higher numbers, I think WUSL is much better since you're at least guaranteed to get something out of the early interview.  I do worry though that people will think I'm some social climber since I transferred (but then I'd point out that my 1L school has only 50 employers signed up, and it's in the 4th largest city in the US) I'd prefer to be stuck in DC if I turn into a crap law student, but it seems that WUSL is the better school objectively. 

Any thoughts?
Proving there is redemption in this world...

deexod

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2009, 09:35:23 PM »
I may be in somewhat of a similiar position. I am considering W&M v. WUSTL. I was intially leaning towards W&M, but as the days go by I am shifting to WUSTL for the reasons you stated. W&M would be 10k cheaper and a easier area for me to transition into, but the closer it gets the more it looks like WUSTL may win it out for me.

UBbumblebee

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2009, 04:42:44 PM »
Although GWU had higher numbers, I think WUSL is much better since you're at least guaranteed to get something out of the early interview. 

Just got in at WUSTL and I don't see a possible reason I won't go.  Can you please explain what you meant by "guaranteed"?  I don't know anything about the process at WUSTL since I was accepted about 48 hours ago, but I would really appreciate it if you would elaborate.  Especially on anything involving a guarantee.

Btw, WUSTL > Vandy...  Yea... I said it.

RandyJ51

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2009, 04:51:59 PM »
Although GWU had higher numbers, I think WUSL is much better since you're at least guaranteed to get something out of the early interview. 

Just got in at WUSTL and I don't see a possible reason I won't go.  Can you please explain what you meant by "guaranteed"?  I don't know anything about the process at WUSTL since I was accepted about 48 hours ago, but I would really appreciate it if you would elaborate.  Especially on anything involving a guarantee.

Bump

Droz

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2009, 05:07:20 PM »
i recently withdrew. there should be a spot opening.

armyjag

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2009, 07:42:33 PM »
Yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on this one.  Even WUSL grads acknowledge VU's supremacy.  There's not much of a comparison between the two.  And that's setting aside the fact that I am a 'dore alum.

I guess though if you got accepted Monday, you're too late for the early interview OCI?  It's part lottery, so I guess that means you at least get an interview on a couple?  I might be off, but that's the way I understand it.

UBbumblebee

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2009, 08:13:16 PM »
Yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on this one.  Even WUSL grads acknowledge VU's supremacy.  There's not much of a comparison between the two.  And that's setting aside the fact that I am a 'dore alum.

I guess though if you got accepted Monday, you're too late for the early interview OCI?  It's part lottery, so I guess that means you at least get an interview on a couple?  I might be off, but that's the way I understand it.

I was joking about VU... One of my good friends from my original school may have to consider WUSTL v. VU and obviously I  want him to choose WUSTL.  So that was for him because he reads these forums.  Thank you for the input on the OCI's and whatnot.  Still, does anyone with concrete and detailed knowledge of WUSTL OCI want to weigh in?  I would really appreciate it.

armyjag

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2009, 09:47:25 PM »
go ask on the yahoo group.  there are some soon to be 3Ls who transferred to WUSL who still hang out on there.   

RandyJ51

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2009, 10:42:00 PM »
Is there anyone who chose WUSTL over Vandy? Or does anyone know of a person who chose WUSTL over Vandy?

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2009, 11:25:23 PM »
Is there anyone who chose WUSTL over Vandy? Or does anyone know of a person who chose WUSTL over Vandy?

The only reasons to take WUSTL over Vandy would be scholarships or the person could not stand the thought of leaving St. Louis for a few years.