Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WUSTL  (Read 12254 times)

armyjag

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
WUSTL
« on: April 15, 2009, 12:25:52 AM »
Does anyone know when they might start making notifications?  It seems like it should be about now from last year's experience.  Thanks in advance.
Proving there is redemption in this world...

;;;;;

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: WUSTL
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 02:13:50 PM »
Does anyone know when they might start making notifications?  It seems like it should be about now from last year's experience.  Thanks in advance.

I just spoke with someone in the admissions office and they said we should hear via email by the end of this month.

I had a dream last night I was accepted and in the acceptance package was a picture of the admissions committee wrestling with alligators!  sheesh, I need to relax.
"Don't read what they write about you, just measure it in inches."  Andy Warhol

armyjag

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 02:17:37 PM »
Thanks for heads up.

lawtransfer22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 09:32:33 PM »
I don't know if you all noticed, I had not until this morning, but for what it is worth WUSTL has a link at the bottom the transfer page for FAQs and it states that admission based on 1st semester grades is, unlike GULC, only conditional and will only become official on an equally strong or better performance. So no matter what answer you get, you will not know for sure about admission until this semesters grades come out.

;;;;;

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 01:36:13 PM »
anyone else getting nervous.  every time I get a new email I freak out.  Do people think it will be this week or next?
"Don't read what they write about you, just measure it in inches."  Andy Warhol

Droz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 04:06:17 PM »
im guessing next week. im starting to get very anxious.

lawtransfer22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 09:28:14 PM »
I have no idea, but since it is contingent on an equally strong performance this semester I figured I would not stress about it until after finals. Hopefully if it is a rejection or deferral it will not come for at least 2 weeks. I would hate to get bad news in the middle of finals. I am already depressed about probably being deferred at GULC since a bunch of people went decision and are getting their letters already.

armyjag

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 10:15:33 PM »
I feel your pain.  My first final is next Friday, and I really don't need another stress in my life right now.

lrb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 06:05:15 PM »
Last year they sent out EA decisions on April 15. I think they've changed the system a little bit this year, so that might impact when they send out acceptances. Also, in response to the comment about contingent EA offers - they've had that policy in place for the last few years, but I don't know of anyone who's had an offer revoked. I was accepted EA last year and my second semester grades were not nearly what my first semester ones were. I really wouldn't worry about it too much.

armyjag

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 09:03:02 PM »
Last year they sent out EA decisions on April 15. I think they've changed the system a little bit this year, so that might impact when they send out acceptances. Also, in response to the comment about contingent EA offers - they've had that policy in place for the last few years, but I don't know of anyone who's had an offer revoked. I was accepted EA last year and my second semester grades were not nearly what my first semester ones were. I really wouldn't worry about it too much.

Do you mind if I ask your stats and what you mean by "changed the system"?