Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WUSTL  (Read 12040 times)

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: WUSTL
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2009, 07:41:30 PM »
Also in at WUSTL RD. T30 school. Interestingly, the deposit deadline they gave me is 8/1.

Hdot

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2009, 07:50:07 PM »
I had applied to WUSTL EA but was deferred.  Acceptance email came early in the week of June 22.  Deposit was due on 7/1 for me.

Are you guys that got accepted waiting to hear from other schools still?  I am waiting on Georgetown, but it sounds like a lot of the acceptances already went out (and it was a reach school for me anyways).

deexod

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2009, 07:50:53 PM »
Are schools that do EA like WUSTL, GULC, etc. more favorable to the EA applicants then to the RD or vice versa?

Hdot

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2009, 07:59:03 PM »
If you don't mind me asking, what part of the country are you all located in?  I live in Maryland, right outside of Washington D.C. and have lived here all my life.  Only time I have been west of the Mississippi is on flights to vegas, LA and Hawaii.  I have been doing some research on living areas and the area around the university (the loop I believe it is called) seems like it has a decent amount of fun things to keep a student occupied when not studying.

armyjag

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2009, 10:17:32 PM »
I'm from Chicago years ago...live in Texas now.
I've always thought St. Louis to be a cesspit, but friends who live there now, including WUSL students, say it's pretty decent.  It's only for 2 years, at least.
Proving there is redemption in this world...

lrb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2009, 11:39:56 AM »
I would suggest finding somewhere other than the Loop to get an apartment. It's a great place to go out, but there are some pretty significant issues with crime in that area. Central West End, Clayton, Brentwood and Maplewood are all decent areas to get a place. CWE has lots of bars, etc. and is somewhat less questionable than the Loop, although you have to watch out pretty much anywhere in STL for things like car break-ins.

armyjag

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2009, 07:07:23 PM »
What's the Loop?
Proving there is redemption in this world...

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2009, 08:25:17 PM »

DuckHuntinLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2009, 10:44:11 PM »
"I'm from the loop and I'm proud..." - Nelly

Y'heard.

Hdot

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2009, 01:15:15 PM »
Anyone make any final decisions on whether or not to attend WUSTL?  I am still waiting to hear from Vanderbilt and Boston College but at this point I figure I am not going to get into either.  The deadline to sign up for OCI Aug 17-24 is today at 5pm. 

On a side note, any other transfers missing their class rank still?  I don't have my class rank and I don't know whether I made law review or not at my old school.  They say they will know in a "few weeks."  I have a feeling this is going to screw me when it comes to getting interviews, compared to people that already know this information and can put it on their resume. O well I guess it's part of the price of transferring but I still had to vent a bit!