Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Reapplying  (Read 771 times)

20caliguy

• View Profile
Reapplying
« on: April 14, 2009, 08:26:12 PM »
Hey everyone, I applied and got accepted to schools that I wanted to go to for this coming year but I can't attend this year due to unforeseen financial issues. Next year these issues should be resolved but if I apply to the same schools should I write a new personal statement or keep the one I have? Thanks.

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Reapplying
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 08:30:58 PM »
Why don't you ask the schools for a 1 year deferral?

20caliguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 12:41:36 AM »
I was going to ask for the deferral but based on the situation I don't think they will grant it to me. Plus, I have already sent in my Statement of Intent letters telling them I will not be attending. Basically, me and my wifes condo has been on the market now for six months and has yet to sell. None of the law schools near me accepted me so we would have to move for me to attend law school. Unfortunatly renting it out is not an option because being a landlord and living 3,000 miles away while I am in my 1st year would be unwise.

Crimson:devil(red)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 09:54:53 AM »
I was going to ask for the deferral but based on the situation I don't think they will grant it to me. Plus, I have already sent in my Statement of Intent letters telling them I will not be attending. Basically, me and my wifes condo has been on the market now for six months and has yet to sell. None of the law schools near me accepted me so we would have to move for me to attend law school. Unfortunatly renting it out is not an option because being a landlord and living 3,000 miles away while I am in my 1st year would be unwise.

You could always hire a property management company.
Tulane Law School Class of 2012

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/crimsondevilred

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 04:53:21 PM »
I think it's still possible to get a deferral in your situation, even if you've sent statement of intent letters.  Call the one school you'd most like to attend and see what they can do.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN