Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Univ of San Francisco vs. Univ of Pacific McGeorge  (Read 371 times)

bonz68

• View Profile
    • Email
Univ of San Francisco vs. Univ of Pacific McGeorge
« on: April 14, 2009, 03:56:35 PM »
Hey everyone!
I've recently heard back from a few schools including USF and McGeorge, which I am very happy about since I am hoping to study in Cali.  But I'm not sure which is a better school.  U.S. News seems to say McGeorge is a higher ranked school, but I'm not sure how the job prospects are outside of Sacramento - as in the San Francisco Bay area.  From my research, USF seems to have a good regional reputation.  What are everyone's thoughts?  Is anyone a grad from either of the schools or know of anyone that is?  I'm from Canada, so I can't really go down and do campus visits before the deposit deadlines are due either, but I'm hoping to be able to make it down in late June to take a look.  Thanks every

Luxhx77

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Univ of San Francisco vs. Univ of Pacific McGeorge
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 07:38:33 PM »
I did a lot of research into this, ended up going to McGeorge.

Both schools are pretty much equal academic wise.  Mostly grads tend to go into more government jobs.  If you want to work in SF, going to USF may be better just because you can do your internships in the city or close by.

I am the Lorax

• View Profile
Re: Univ of San Francisco vs. Univ of Pacific McGeorge
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 10:41:24 PM »
I don't go to McGeorge but I'm from Sac.  Go to McGeorge if you want to work in gov't and/or stay in Sacramento.  If not, I'd go SF.  But the cost of living in Sac is low and it's a really pretty place to live.  Just don't expect any crazy night life :)